Sub woofers

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
Do you have a sub woofer on your home audio or PC setup?

I got a decent Sony one last year and it's been pretty solid. I belieev it's an 16 inch but I'd have to check. It sound pretty awesome when I turn it up and it doesn't vibrate like some of the cheaper brands to.

I got for around $150 at the time.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Yes I have one for my home surround sound system in the living room as well as one for my office. I think they enhance the sound and make you feel part of the action.

Both of mine are Sony's.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think they enhance the sound and make you feel part of the action.
I agree. I didn't have one for the longest time because I thought music and movies sounded just fine but once I added the sub-woofer to the mix I realized just how wrong I was.

I don't even turn it up that loud. I've found that it sounds the best right around 1/3rd so it doesn't drown out the higher sounds. Not to mention I like to optimize the sub to not vibrate furniture when I have the volume at my usual preferred level.

dDave

Guardian of the Light
V.I.P.
I have 2 computers in my room, one of them has these old speakers from 1995 which I can't believe still work. The other computer however has some pretty nice Boston Acoustics, it's a 2.1 channel setup and I think that the sub is a rather nice feature.

I got a decent Yamaha one last year and it's been pretty solid
fixed

it's a Yamaha not a Sony ;)

Midget

Registered Member
10" 300 watt Yamaha for my home surround. I almost never have it on anymore. It drives the woman crazy. How I don't know. :lol:

But when a great movie comes on, I turn it up. :lol:

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
Yup. I'm not sure of the configs... I know its a Logitech system I picked up at Wal-Mart. It can thump the ground a bit. Coupled with my 5 piece surround sound speakers... my computer is my ultimate jukebox.