Sub woofers

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Mirage, Dec 20, 2008.

1. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Do you have a sub woofer on your home audio or PC setup?

I got a decent Sony one last year and it's been pretty solid. I belieev it's an 16 inch but I'd have to check. It sound pretty awesome when I turn it up and it doesn't vibrate like some of the cheaper brands to.

I got for around $150 at the time.

2. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Yes I have one for my home surround sound system in the living room as well as one for my office. I think they enhance the sound and make you feel part of the action.

Both of mine are Sony's.

3. aZoeg

aZoeg New Member

actually i got my Logitech Z4 yesterday - awwwweeesome sound! :D
    even my grandma can hear it now :p

4. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I agree. I didn't have one for the longest time because I thought music and movies sounded just fine but once I added the sub-woofer to the mix I realized just how wrong I was.

I don't even turn it up that loud. I've found that it sounds the best right around 1/3rd so it doesn't drown out the higher sounds. Not to mention I like to optimize the sub to not vibrate furniture when I have the volume at my usual preferred level.

5. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I have them for both my home audio system and my computer, its not the same without them.

6. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I have 2 computers in my room, one of them has these old speakers from 1995 which I can't believe still work. The other computer however has some pretty nice Boston Acoustics, it's a 2.1 channel setup and I think that the sub is a rather nice feature.

fixed

it's a Yamaha not a Sony ;)

7. Midget

Midget Registered Member

10" 300 watt Yamaha for my home surround. I almost never have it on anymore. It drives the woman crazy. How I don't know. :lol:

But when a great movie comes on, I turn it up. :lol:

8. Xilmwa

Xilmwa Registered Member

I have a 3-piece system from Creative.

After I heard the difference, I couldn't live without the subwoofer.

9. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

Yup. I'm not sure of the configs... I know its a Logitech system I picked up at Wal-Mart. It can thump the ground a bit. Coupled with my 5 piece surround sound speakers... my computer is my ultimate jukebox.

10. Cait

Cait Oh, poppycock.

Since this topic is about sub woofers, can I ask what one is?