• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sub Talk changed me...

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
When I started on GF, I used to be a model poster. I made good posts and I was also nominated for MOTM back to back... and now I spend all my time in Sub Talk. Look at me now, I’m a Nutella eating stalker that spews one fart and/or dick joke after another. Sub Talk... it changes people. I used to be nice! This is what happens to the good girls that play goodie-two-shoes for too long. It comes out as a big whorish mess! And if you read this post, you now have HPV.

Also, there is no rhyme or reason for this thread. I was just bored. Ooh, and I just farted. Yay!

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Sub talk doesn't change you. It just reveals the real you.

Stegosaurus

Registered Member
Sub talk doesn't change you. It just reveals the real you.
For some, perhaps. There is the "Online Dis-inhibition Effect," coined and studied by a previous professor of mine, Dr. John Suler:

Psychology of Cyberspace - The Online Disinhibition Effect

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]You Don't Know Me (dissociative anonymity)[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] You Can't See Me (invisibility)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] See You Later (asynchronicity)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] It's All in My Head (solipsistic introjection)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] It's Just a Game (dissociative imagination)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] We're Equals (minimizing authority)

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Personality Variables

[/FONT]But I don't believe it necessarily reveals the "real you" in every circumstance or for every person. It is a pseudo reality space and it has a culture of its own. Its humor is multi-faceted, its scope ever-widening, and its inhabitants paradoxically both detached and attached.

However, yes, I think that's the real Bubbles we see. :stare:

Iris

rainbow 11!
like x2

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Bubblesaurus! What are you waiting for?