• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

sub or dub?

what would you prefer, subs or dubs?

• subs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • dubs

• huh??

• doesn't matter.. they're all the same

• Total voters
B

barfootboards

damn!! you're so lucky, i want to learn japanese soooo bad, howlong did it take you to learn?

N

Nestor

I started learning when I was 14 from my next door neighbor. I'm 26 now. If you want to learn to speak, write and read Japanese, There's two ways you can do it that are "quick" and "easy".

1. Go to Japan. Old tricks are the best tricks, and immersion it still the best and fastest way. You'll either figure out that it's a food vending machine or one that dispenses condoms, or you'll starve to death.
2. Take a class at the local community college. Cheaper than going there, and quicker, too.

T

The Realist

I prefer Sub anyday. I can't stand dub and my friend (Former I should say) gets them all the time. It bugs me. o_O

B

barfootboards

haha yeah it should bug you, it ruins the greatness of the anime

T

The Realist

Thus is the reason why it bugs me. Just thinking about dubbing and looking at Mahoromatic...GOD How awful.

S

shakujou

It's all about the subs. If I'm really in the mood, I'll throw on japanese subs to help me learn more than what's in the class room, but most the time I'll do english subs, because I'll want to get into the story line.

Dubs are the devil, some good VA's are starting to emerge, but it seems that the most popular animes are getting the worst VA's possible (like that needed to be stated...). That, and the timing is off.

Also, I'm getting used to japanese dubs, as we watch them in class all the time, then I've probably watch FFAC* a million times now.

*I'll probably just start laughing when I watch the english dubs of this movie, because it'll just seem so strange and foreign to my ears.

School is definately a good place to learn it as uposed to going to Japan itself. I'm saying this, because you'll never solely learn it from the internet, or from a self teaching book. There is nothing like practicing with over people! I'll often go on the internet to learn something, but I've already learned the basics, so I can actually take it, and apply it.

B

Blitz

If I can, I would prefer to watch dubs because I find the text a little distracting some times.

However, I don't mind watching subs either. It doesn't really matter unless the dub is truly horrible, I usually don't complain though, because I doubt I could do a better job.

K

Killratio

Either, though I prefer dubs most of the time because I get sick of having to read while I am watching something.

A

Angel03

I grew up on dubs, so I'm more used to watching dubs than subs. I have tried watching subbed anime. It's interesting but I just find it slightly annoying. That's probably cause I need to learn Japanese as well. Maybe for my last semester I will take it. Is it really hard to learn Japanese? For those who have taken it or not so bad. It would be neat to learn Japanese to have a better appreciation towards anime.

M

mysticangel

for me it depends on which language did i first saw the anime in...the earlier series that i've seen like slayers series, magic knight rayeart, here is greewood, ah my goddess, and alot of others i like in dubbed. I first saw the series in english dubbed so i'm more used to hereing it in dubbed. However on other series I like better in the original japanese subbed because that's how i first heard it and so i find i like it better that way.

the only series i refuse to watch dubbed because i absolutely detest it dubbed would be one piece. The dubbed version of One Piece really irritates me alot. and i really hate it alot. I love the subbed version to pieces but absolutely hate the dubbed.

any other series i don't mind sitting through and watching it dubbed if i had to but that's the only series that i will never last trhough dubbed.