• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sub forums.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm bored. So I was browsing the forum (I usually go off latest posts whenever I am around) and I was wondering why... Music doesn't have any sub forums? I look at Sports and it's so crisp and organized with all its pretty sub forums and I'm clueless why Music isn't that way.

In music I see Official threads popping up as the new thing, but when I go into one it's hard to follow because none maintain an era (well except for Classic) or theme. It's pretty clustered. Why there isn't a Rock sub forum for making and posting on individual bands, I'm trying to figure out. I can see why people don't want to make threads on each and every artist, because when the search function actually works right you still have to go through several pages to find something, if it exists. Because there is a wide load of genres and bands. It should be separated.

• Rock • Metal • Country • Experimental & Other etc. etc.

And if can't be, then all the Official threads that pop up should probably get a sticky, no?

And Anime, why are individual shows getting sub forums and not genres themselves? Yes, I know how 'big' they are but they don't define it. That too should be divided by genre.

• Comedy • Mecha • Action etc. etc.

Am I the only one that feels this way? If so, I can shut up. I was just curious.

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
That sounds like a good idea. Such ideas were given before but they weren't taken into consideration probably because of Hybrix being busy.
The whole showbiz section needs to be arranged.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Music isn't active enough to get all those sub-forums. Right now that section is really booming(Thanks Impact) and that's why it might seem cluttered at the time. If we did create sub-forums, then a lot of them would be pretty dead, and also a lot of members here hate extra sub-forums.

Regarding the Anime section, we have those sub-forums because back then we decided those were the main attractions when it comes to Anime. We've decided to add those sections a while back.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
Well, let's find out.

Who hates extra sub forums, and who wants them? Who deems them not necessary, and who doesn't care either way?

Is the site organized enough for you?

My thoughts are it's so dead because there's nothing to navigate.
------
The reason why Sport's is so booming is because it IS organized.

When people want to discuss music, a certain kind of music, or otherwise they drop in at the forum and go "Hey? I want ...country. I don't see it. I see a list of bands. Wait, am I suppose to sift through all of this to find what it is I want to talk about? I guess I'll make a thread that will go dead and become lost to time."

I'd be a lot more active in music if I could find what it is I'm looking for and want to discuss because I don't want to have to always make threads to do that, I want to find threads made by other people for that without picking it out of a crowd.

Last edited:

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
People have been complaining of too many subforums in the "Showbiz" section so I don't know if creating more of them is a good thing or not haha.

Maybe we strike a deal. Music section proves itself and then we expand it.

Unfortunately I can't make this happen but it's a fun thought.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I wasn't around for whatever happen to Showbiz. If I remember, that forum too had sub forums after individual shows.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Showbiz does have Sub-Forums and even though I like them a lot of members here dislike them because they believe it takes to much time to navigate through them.

I understand where you're coming from LITP, but I believe most of the members here don't want GF to add more sub-forums.

LifeinthePond

Mark ov teh Pond
I'm just mostly curious. Either way, GF will move forward. It may promote activity in other forums if they were more organized and specific, just saying.

Can't really predict anything.

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
Organization is only effective if there is enough material to keep the sub-forums afloat. I agree with the others who have stated that it is not the best idea to do this. Maybe, though, we can put labels in front of topic titles?

Like for Music.... Rock: Metal vs. Heavy Metal....

Impact

V.I.P.
I'm going to go with a hell no for breaking down the music forum. It ruined TV and Movies, and I don't post in there because of it. I've been working my ass off to get the music forum active, and if it was broken down I wouldn't bother to post in there. Searching for threads would also be a huge pain in the ass