• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Sub forum names

dk_rare

Registered Member
I love the system of sub forums, it gives so much to pick from, and a direction to post, rather than just 7 big forums that get cluttered and make you think "what the hell am I going to post about?"

But one issue I have is when you are on the main page, and you see a thread title, it don't tell you which subforum it is a part of. Like I saw from the main page, a thread called "360 vs PC" in the pc forum. Now I assumed that this was a PC vs 360 console thread, but the thread was about Call Of Duty, as it was part of the the CoD sub forum. But you couldn't tell that from the main page.

Is there a way around this? As a PC vs 360 console thread would of bored me, but I LOVE to read things that compares versions of games, as I try to get "the best" version, usually (like in terms of graphics, controls, online mode, extra features, advantage of a smaller disc ; )).

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That has been anoying me too lately. I am going to see what can be done about it tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you look at the breadcrumbs at the top, (GameForum.com > Idea Box / Support > Sub forum names) you can see that, for example, this thread is under the Idea Box.

Most boards don't have that problem because they aren't full of as broad subjects and subforums as this one, but I will try to see what can be done. :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Andrew said:
In the meantime, if you look at the breadcrumbs at the top, (GameForum.com > Idea Box / Support > Sub forum names) you can see that, for example, this thread is under the Idea Box.
Those are called breadcrumbs? I'm learning something new every day. Anyway, is there any way to get those at the bottom of the page too? Just makes things a little easier so you don't have to scroll all the way back to the top of a topic after you've read it.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Yep, because of Hansel and Gretel. They left breadcrumbs on the forest floor so they could follow them back to where they started from. A lot of computer terms have odd roots like that. :)

And I can look into gettig them at the bottom. Actually, the title bar also shows the main forum you are in as well.