• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stupidest Moves in Wrestling

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
Okay, so we all know wrestling is scripted, people call it fake but I don't feel that is entirely fair but I don't feel it is helped but stupid looking moves or moves that simply have no point.

The first move that came to mind when thinking of this title is "The Cobra" by Santino. I have no problem with him, he is fast becoming one of my favorites but every time I see that f**king move it just makes me want to shout "YOU ARE NOT HELPING THE CAUSE!"

The second for me was The Tarantula by Tajiri, now granted the move looked good but I really don't see how you could apply that much pressure using it never mind the fact that he could only hold it for more than a few seconds!

Well thats two that I just thought about, do you have any that p**s you off?

KSpiceFantastic

Haters gonna hate.
I hate The Cobra as well, I just can't see how it is a legit finisher! I don't like it one bit.

Besides that I just can't believe that Cena's AA and Barrett's Wasteland seem to do as much damage as it does.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
The Cobra is without a doubt the dumbest things I've ever seen. Same goes for The Tadpole Splash by Hornswoggle. You know what? Throw in The 5 Knuckle Shuffle, The Handspring Back Elbow and The Handspring Moonsault and you pretty much got my top 5 worst wrestling maneuvers.

Bosox04

Registered Member
Easily the worst was the worm. Next to that, the stink face...possibly the bronco buster as well. Now, to be honest (and I know how many rock fans there are around here) but the people's elbow was utter crap.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
The Worm is at the top of my list for this one...and I'm a hypocrite of sorts because I do really enjoy the People's Elbow and the 5-Knuckle shuffle. However, with those you're getting at least a fast paced elbow drop and a fist drop to the face...the worm just involved Scotty 2 Hotty's forearm hitting someone's chest. I hated that.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
All of those moves are "bad" but they were also popular and at the end of the day that's all that matters. I didn't necessarily like any of them but if they are popular then they are here to stay.

Some moves just aren't that impactful but we've got to understand with Wasteland and the Attitude Adjustment is that they are falling from very high in the air so that adds some hurt as well.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
Some moves just aren't that impactful but we've got to understand with Wasteland and the Attitude Adjustment is that they are falling from very high in the air so that adds some hurt as well.
I don't get the Wasteland... As much as I love Wade Barrett (and trust me I REALLY do have the hots for him), how's that even a legit finisher? I can see it being like a tag team finisher, because all it really does is set Justin Gabriel up for the 450.

I dunno if anyone else noticed (or even remembers) the swinging side walk slam that Barrett used during the 10 man tag match on the 600th episode of Smackdown, but I think that would make an awesome finisher for him. (Oh and I'm not comment on John Cena, who cares about that loser?)

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I dunno if anyone else noticed (or even remembers) the swinging side walk slam that Barrett used during the 10 man tag match on the 600th episode of Smackdown, but I think that would make an awesome finisher for him.
He uses that here and there for a set-up move (Bossman/Black Hole Slam)...I'm a big fan of the move, but I'm good with the Wasteland...and I like the originality of it. I just think of what it would be like to get it done on myself, and it definitely works as a coup de grace.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Here's a few that I cannot stand:

-The Cobra
-The Headbutt by Kozlov
-Knock out punch by Big Show
-The Leg Drop by Hulk Hogan
-Any finishing move from The Great Khali

Bosox04

Registered Member
Now, as far as setups for finishers...I hate how the 619 is set up. WAAAAY too predictable. That right there is probably the biggest reason I'm not a Rey fan. Another issue I have with finishers are high flyers...not really with the wrestler themselves...but the person they're wrestling. It seems that anytime RVD did the frog splash, the person that was on the bad end of it either never sold it, or oversold it.