• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Student loses testicle after fraternity initiation

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Authorities in Wilmington, Ohio are investigating a fraternity initiation that resulted in a 19-year-old man losing a testicle.

Ohio college student loses his testicle after fraternity initiation | The Raw Story
I think its time these brutal fraternity initiations are banned. At least any physical contact or the ingesting of anything. Too many students have been injured or killed because of them. I think the students that inflicted these injuries should be charged and expelled.

What do you think about violent fraternity initiations? Should the students responsible for this young mans injuries be charged with a crime? Should they be expelled?

idisrsly

I'm serious
V.I.P.
I hate hearing about people getting physically hurt during initiations. I think initiations are the stupidest thing ever. Honestly, I don't know how this is still allowed. It's a childish and dumb tradition that I think has lost it's initial intention. I'm not even sure what the initial intention of initiation was, tbh.

Yes, I think the kids involved in this should face some criminal charges. And in the case of people dying from these things, the people involved in that should be charged with manslaughter at least.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
As many people that have been hurt or killed you would think they would have been banned by now. At the very least faculty supervision should be required and rules put in place.

I also don't see why people go along with it. Being in a fraternity isn't worth it.

Last edited:

dDave

V.I.P.
It's much harder to draw the line for these than you might think. What is considered violent? How in the world would you enforce that?

I honestly think that the problem goes back to fraternities in general. Why do you need a fraternity? Why should they be allowed at all?

I don't think making rules on things like this will fix the problem. Do you honestly think people don't think these things through, realize it's a bad idea, and then go ahead with it anyway?

College students are stupid, they're going to do dumb stuff that's against the rules.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think if your hitting someone or forcing them to eat or drink something nasty that is violent. If they are going to have these initiations I think they should be supervised or stop them all together. I don't see why they are needed, just invite people into your fraternity that you like.

I honestly don't think some students think about anything other than what they want at that moment and never about the repercussions. Some college students that do stupid things probably will continue to do stupid things even when older. I have known some adults like that and some teenagers that thought things through better and made better decisions than they did.