• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Student loan rate about to double

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
CBS News.....The interest rate for a popular federal student loan is about to double for millions of college students. The prospects of this happening has prompted students to petition Congress to stop the dramatic rate hike. College students on Tuesday delivered petitions signed by 130,000 Americans to Congressional leaders. Read More Here
I hope this doesn't effect anyone on GF because I know how important student loans are to lower and middle income college students. There's talk of an extension on the lower rate but democrats and republicans can't seem to get it together as usual. Think raising the rate is a bad or good idea. Do you think it will make any difference as far as people attending college, default, etc?

SmilinSilhouette

Registered Member
Last edited: