Student Arrested For Classroom Texting

Kanji

Registered Member
A 14-year-old Wisconsin girl who refused to stop texting during a high school math class was arrested and charged with disorderly conduct, according to police. The teenager was busted last Wednesday at Wauwatosa East High School after she ignored a teacher’s demand that she cease texting. The girl, whose name we have redacted from the below Wauwatosa Police Department report, initially denied having a phone when confronted by a school security officer. However, the phone was located after the girl was frisked by a female cop. The Samsung Cricket, the police report noted, was recovered “from the buttocks area” of the teenager. The student was issued a criminal citation for disorderly conduct, which carried “a bail of $298,” and had her phone confiscated. The girl, who was barred from school property for a week, is scheduled for an April 20 court appearance on the misdemeanor rap.

The Original Entire Article:
Student Arrested For Classroom Texting - February 17, 2009

Last edited:

Boredie

In need of Entertainment
And all about a phone. Sheesh.
Since when do schools need police interference in such cases? I've never in my life heard something so obserd.
If the teacher can't handle a situation it should be passed to the headmaster.
Ridiculous.

Barbara

Ess Tii Eph Yu
V.I.P.
What the fuck? Seriously... WHAT THE FUCK?

Illegal search and seizure anyone? Seriously, come the fuck on.
Correct me if I'm wrong and I will be a bit lazy as to trying to find the actual law. I believe in MD school grounds are state property and they do reserve the right to search you at any given time.

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
It's both the girls and school's fault.

First off all, she should have stopped texting and stopped being such a whinny bitch! It's not end of the world, she could have saved in the Drafts and sent the bloody text later, and as for the school, that's too harsh to get the police involved and the police are actually pretty stupid to charge the girl. The school should have taken the phone off, called up the parents & gave a detention/suspension to the girl.

Stab-o-Matic5000

Cutting Edge in Murder
Correct me if I'm wrong and I will be a bit lazy as to trying to find the actual law. I believe in MD school grounds are state property and they do reserve the right to search you at any given time.
That's a bullshit law if I ever heard one. That flies in the face of the bill of rights.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
Whatever happened to giving detention and suspension for school misconduct? Next thing you'll know you'll go to jail for not doing your homework.

Xeilo

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I find that rather silly to bring the cops in, it is the chicks fault yes, the phone shouldn't of been used then. Instead they should of just kicked her out of the class, no need to bring the cops in.

The worst you can get for texting in the middle of class in high school where I live is having your phone taken away or going straight to detention. Usually a good cause for arresting a student anywhere would be if they were selling crack in the school or bringing in a gun and planning on shooting their teachers.