• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stuck in Another Country

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Have you ever been stuck in another country, due to delayed flights or some other reason?

I'm currently in Bali, Indonesia and a volcano has erupted on one of the other islands of Indonesia. The ash clouds have caused many flights in and our of Australia to be cancelled and we find out tomorrow whether we will be stuck here or not. Tomorrow we were supposed to fly out.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have not but I think it would be a little bit scary depending on where I am...

I hope I never have to deal with that...hopefully your situation clears up soon.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks, the entire airport here has closed, but it might open again tomorrow night which is when we were due to leave. So we might get lucky. I'd hate to be working for the airlines right now, this would be mayhem to deal with.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Well it seems like I am stuck in Indonesia for a little while. It's mayhem over here. This should be interesting.

Crouton

Ninja
V.I.P.
Thanks Hilander. I was really lucky and got out in a small window where the airport started again. By the time I landed in Australia it had closed again and people were once again stuck. The airport was chaotic.

Dr4gon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
Have you ever been stuck in another country, due to delayed flights or some other reason?

I'm currently in Bali, Indonesia and a volcano has erupted on one of the other islands of Indonesia. The ash clouds have caused many flights in and our of Australia to be cancelled and we find out tomorrow whether we will be stuck here or not. Tomorrow we were supposed to fly out.
Yeah I got stuck because adopted. It's really scary because I was living with people I didnt know and I didnt know how to fit in. And I made tons of mistakes. It was almost like living on another planet. But I already knew a lot about the language and that helped.
So now I dont care if I get stuck in another country because I know I could learn how to fit in. If I do get stuck again I hope its Slovenia. They have awsome food and cool statues of dragons. Just never say "How are you?" unless you wanna hear about somebodys whole life! They wont stop talking... forever!

Vidic15

No Custom Title Exists
V.I.P.
Did you stay at the airport the whole time or did the airline provide accommodation to all stranded passengers?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Not stuck in another country, but I've had a few flights where they had to cancel some passengers and put them up in hotels due to overbooking. Generally, I've accepted this if I get the option. A free night in a nice hotel (assuming it's a quality airline) is always a nice way to end a trip.