• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

<strong> vs. <b>

<strong> vs. <b>

• <strong>

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • <b>

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Ok,

What do you prefer to use for creating bold style text?

I've always been a fan of <b> since it makes the most sense, and is more widely used, but I've noticed that a lot of sites and scripts are using <strong> tags now instead.

nybelle

Funny, I've noticed that too. I always use <b>, but lately I've seen <strong>.

I know that Dreamweaver puts <strong> in when you bold something through the wysiwyg...

member357

yea,

Dreamweaver can be fast sometimes, but it does mess up some code

You got to be always looking......:cute:

clasione

My dreamweaver version always has a problem interpreting the two tags seperately when on the same page --- I much prefer the <b>....

I guess it's kinda like the same thing as newyork.com vs ny.com --- shorter is always better, but I'm sure our wives wouldn't agree.... :lol:

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
I actually try to avoid the <b> if I can and use either css or inline style.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
That would certainly work if you wanted to only make something bold and not do anything else with it.

or you could do this:

HTML:
<span style="font-weight: bold">Text goes here</span>
:D

member357

clasione said:
My dreamweaver version always has a problem interpreting the two tags seperately when on the same page --- I much prefer the <b>....

I guess it's kinda like the same thing as newyork.com vs ny.com --- shorter is always better, but I'm sure our wives wouldn't agree.... :lol:

Oh yea wife, ..........lmao...........never leave this pc