Stripping ...

Discussion in 'Collector's Corner' started by iggyshotthebear, May 27, 2005.

1. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

*eh hem* wood and brass with a varnish/stain/paint remover...

Most of the brass that I bought was coated in this 'laquer' to prevent it from tarnishing again, so I bought some remover stuff that ya spray on and the varnish just kinda melts off... In order to be the best brass seller I can be *HAHAHAHAHHAA* I decided to take the laquer off and shine my treasures before I sell them...

I wanted to give everyone FAIR WARNING!!! The bottle doesnt actually say wear gloves and a hazmat suit... I suggest this... My hands are BURNING and yes I called poison control ... all they said was to rinse with cold water and DO NOT get it on your skin (They coulda called me and told me BEFORE I hurt myself lol) Be careful when using chemicals... this stuff does work VERY nicely, it does just melt the laquer off, but it also melts your skin off if it gets on you!

2. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Oh darn .I seen the Title of this post and rushed in here hopeing to see iggy stripping :lollol:

Then read ok im bad i know . Ok yes chemicals Are very bad. So take head and read . Dont be like me i lost a lung due to chemicals

3. Mina

Mina Registered Member

very true... my husband has his hasmat cert and so we all know about how bad they can be.

When I saw the title I was wondering the same thing Doubles!! Was thinking about getting a job at hooters to make a little extra cash... wonder how good the tips are????

4. AngelsPeak

AngelsPeak Wanna play?

Not just the chemicals, I remember when I was carving a castle out of pink foam last year and I didn't wear anything to protect my face, I was hacking the stuff up 3 days later....YUCK!

Just went back and read what I typed, guess I should have clarified, this was a castle for a haunted house, it took me 3 months to finish using my Dremmel! I'll have to see if I can find any pic's, it came out very nicely!!!!

Last edited: May 27, 2005
  5. TGirl

TGirl Registered Member

HAHAHAHA SO DID I....LOL
    ~Trina~
    <giggles>

6. iggyshotthebear

iggyshotthebear Registered Member

Made ya look ;) *streaks through the forums* :-O

7. doubles2004

doubles2004 Registered Member

Whew .Slow down im trying to catch ya :lol: :lol:

Oh yes they call her the streak

8. biglance

biglance New Member

I was also attracted by the title, hmm this gives me a auction idea...:)