strikethrough usernames

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
i see some gray usernames with strike-through.
what does it mean? are they banned or something?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Thats Perma-Ban. They are practically ALWAYS because of Blatant Link Spamming. If you find a member that was Banned for some other reason its probably because its an old thread that got bumped or something.

I have a question though... Do those bother you guys? Because I usually try to make an effort to get rid of the Banned spammers useless posts. Is it irritating to see the Strikethrough'd members?

EllyDicious

made of AMBIGUITY
V.I.P.
Thats Perma-Ban. They are practically ALWAYS because of Blatant Link Spamming. If you find a member that was Banned for some other reason its probably because its an old thread that got bumped or something.
you guys ban a member for re-activating an old thread? i don't think that would be a strong reason to ban someone [at least not perm.] :shifteyes:

I have a question though... Do those bother you guys? Because I usually try to make an effort to get rid of the Banned spammers useless posts.
i haven't seen any useless post of any banned member. the latest banned member i talked to(before 4 hours) was Dogincorporation and when i came back i suddenly found him banned. (i wonder if banned members can read threads)

Is it irritating to see the Strikethrough'd members?
kind of. they appear online on the active online users. i find this fact a bit senseless. if they are banned what's the point of reading the forum and appearing online ?

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
The other forum I go to, banned members just have "Banned" as their user title instead of having their name crossed out. I think it looks better, but it doesn't really matter to me.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
you guys ban a member for re-activating an old thread? i don't think that would be a strong reason to ban someone [at least not perm.] :shifteyes:
Haha, no. I think ice wanted to say that when old threads are bumped, you tend to see old banned members whose posts weren't deleted then.

i haven't seen any useless post of any banned member. the latest banned member i talked to(before 4 hours) was Dogincorporation and when i came back i suddenly found him banned. (i wonder if banned members can read threads)
It's most likely because useless posts or the posts that got them banned in the first place are deleted. What remains are their other "ok" posts - some noobs also post normally for their first dozen of posts and blatantly spam later when they think they're off the radar (or when they can actually post a link).

Banned members can read what guests can read, unless their ip is blocked.

kind of. they appear online on the active online users. i find this fact a bit senseless. if they are banned what's the point of reading the forum and appearing online ?
This happens when a banned member attemsts to log in especially after being banned - they show online (or their ip is recorded and shows). Usually at that level, they cannot see anything from GF except a msg that they are banned. The other members with strikethrough names could have been online, browsing, just as they were banned. Their names will appear on the online list for at least 30 minutes because they haven't properly logged out GF.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Haha, no. I think ice wanted to say that when old threads are bumped, you tend to see old banned members whose posts weren't deleted then.
yeah lol thats what I meant... I meant that if you happen to see alot of posts from banned members it usually means that its either a really old thread that got bumped that happens to have some members that fell victim to the banhammer.... or its just a spammer or troll who's posting absolute nonsense in every thread on the forum.

lmfao we dont ban for thread necromancy.