Strike's Standout Member!

Swiftstrike

Registered Member
As you all know I have a deep hatred for Member of the Month and the selection process. So I have taken it upon myself to create a new award for Standout members by a better set of standards, Strike's Standout Member (SSM for short).

Well in general even though I dont post as much as I use to but I notice when members make significant impact on the site.

I believe MoTM has turned into who can spam the most in one month or who is the most popular. The flavor of the month that often leaves a funny aftertaste and is sometimes never tried again.

SSM award is geared towards quality posts and not quantity. Even if the member doesnt post that much but makes some fantastic posts here and there you can be up for this award.

Nomination Process

Nominations will be pmed to me from you the people on who you think is deserving of the award. You can write as little or as much as you want on why this person should win. Cite posts if you want. Clearly the object is to be convince me that you nominatee should win. Obviously members higher in my favor can write less.

Title your PMs "SSM nomination". After a week to two weeks I will select a winner amongst the nominees. Note it doesnt matter how many nominations one receives I will consider the person nominated based on factors I see as worthy in a poster. The winner will be announced in sub-talk.

Restrictions

Several members are automatically disqualified for this award. There are also some restrictions in place. This is to maintain the integrity of this award which I think MoTM lacks/lost. Click the spoiler to view the list.

1. All Sith members are automically disqualified. If you are in the Sith you are already one of my favorite members. Sith Allies are not disqualified.
  2. All members with under 200 posts.
  3. Hybrix - Sorry admin's not allowed
  4. Anyone who I dislike. Believe it or not the list is not as long as you think... However the reason I dislike these members is probably because of their post quality...Hence they will not win.
  5. The most recent winner of MoTM (in this case Tucker cannot win the award)
I compiled a list of some FAQ about the award:

Q: When will SSM be held? And how frequently?

A: Roughly right after MoTM but less frequently. Probably once ever 2 or 3 months.

Q: Won't that water down the significance of MoTM and steal it's Thunder?

A: Yes that is the whole purpose of this.

Q: Isn't this just like MoTM?

A: No, it's better.

Q: Can members who are disqualified nominate other members?

A: Yes they can.

Q: Can I nominate myself?

A: Yes, there will be nothing held against you for nominating yourself.

Q: What can I do to win SSM?

A: Clearly, make quality posts and stay on good terms with me.

Q: If I spam a lot of posts will I win this award?

A: No that will win you MoTM.

Q: Why should I support SSM?

A: Because I am awesome and you can be awesome by association.

Q: Really! How can I support SSM?

A: Put "Supporter of SSM" in your signature to get the word out.

Any other questions just post them in the thread. The first award shall be given as an early Christmas gift so get your nominations in.

Vegito728

Registered Member
Well, if I wasn't a Sith I'm sure I'd win this every single time. But I'll still support it because MotM is garbage. I've been saying that for a long time now.

I shall get my minions...oops, I meant my fan club to support this as well.

DinoFlintstone

"There can be only one!"
Nomination Process

Nominations will be pmed to me from you the people on who you think is deserving of the award. You can write as little or as much as you want on why this person should win. Cite posts if you want. Clearly the object is to be convince me that you nominatee should win. Obviously members higher in my favor can write less.
At least with MOTM, you have a fair Poll and can see how many people voted who.

Title your PMs "SSM nomination". After a week to two weeks I will select a winner amongst the nominees. Note it doesnt matter how many nominations one receives I will consider the person nominated based on factors I see as worthy in a poster. The winner will be announced in sub-talk.

Restrictions

Several members are automatically disqualified for this award. There are also some restrictions in place. This is to maintain the integrity of this award which I think MoTM lacks/lost. Click the spoiler to view the list.

What are the restrictions?