Stress

Discussion in 'Advice Board' started by Babe_Ruth, May 9, 2007.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I was wondering how you guys deal with stress? Sometimes I feel stress because I work a lot of hours, and I only have 2 days off a month sometimes none, so sometimes stress builds up. Sometimes the stress is gone because I go out to a club with my friend and get drunk during the weekend, but then the next day I have to go back to work and it's back. Does anyone have any suggestions?

2. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Well, for one, I'd imagine this shows you that alcohol is only a temporary fix (I know I sound like someone's grandma, but bear with me here).

What do you do for a living? I think perhaps you should take up an easy to manage hobby perhaps involving something that's calming or soothing to you (stress-relieving basically). What do you find relaxing that isn't something involving booze?

3. Corona

Corona Registered Member

The gym is always a good solution for me. Also, just a good quiet day with a book and some reflection is good. Put the two together and you've got a great day.

4. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Well I work for a real estate agency from Monday to Friday, and I work for this small company on the weekends. Sports calm me down a bit, and since the summer as started I've been playing a lot of baseball and basketball which as help relieve the stress a bit, it's just when I go back to work it comes back again, which is understandable at some point, but its still there.

5. Iris

Iris rainbow 11!

As weird as this may sound, masturbation is a great way to deal with stress.

During your week when you are really stressed out, just whip it out when you get home and see how you feel afterwards.

6. MasterChad

MasterChad Registered Member

dont ask how i deal with stress.....
    i think you already know..

7. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

The best way I think to deal with stress is to play sports with some pals and listen to music. That way you can have a grand ol time with the b'ys and get some exercise as well but also get to listen to some music which can really help. That or try and get a woman and hang out with her a lot.

8. I can tell you from experience, if your job is causing you stress, then you will have to find a new job to end the issue. All the other fixes will only be temporary if the job itself puts stress on you.

You can tolerate more of this the younger you are, but eventually it will catch up with you. Forego materialism and learn how to live on less.

Here's an interesting article to get you started:

http://w4resistance.org/simpleliving.html

9. andrew_bishop

andrew_bishop #1 Spammer of FC

Yeah maybe you need a new job MJ. Or maybe even if you took a vactation or something from your job , Even for a short period of time you'd be better focused and less stressed out.

10. SgtCrom

SgtCrom Registered Member