• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

PC Games strategy games Empire Earth..

wheyy

Hi guys,

recently I searched for a very old PC-game called Empire Earth.
It's about 10 years old but still cool :D

I like these games very much but this version of Empire Eartch is really too old.
Which games could you recommend me? Are there new episodes of Empire Earth and are they good?

Give me some examples please.

Bananas

Endangered Species
Empire Earth3? I have not played it.

You could also try the Total War series (they have a new game next month; TWEmpire)

wheyy

I heard something bad about Empire Earth 3. I just downloading the demo of Age of Empires 3.
Yes and I heard about the Medieval 2: Total War.
Can someone tell me more about it?

Bjarki

Registered Member
I have Empire Earth 2 in my closet, never played it :stare:

My personal fav in the genre is Age of Empires 2 (age of kings), not as great graphics as 3, but better overview of the battlefield. Rise of Nations is a nice game too. Or the Civilization series.

wheyy

Rise of Nations looks similar to Empire Earth I. So it's probably nice but also too old.
I've tried the trial version of Empire Earth 3, and the graphic isn't that beautiful. Of course it's a great difference to the EE I but I wasn't amazed. (Maybe the trial version is unequal to the normal version).
I'm just downloading the Medieval 2: Total War trial..

MarlboroMan

Registered Member
Empire Earth 3 was a complete disappointment. The 2nd one was good though.

Rise of Nations is another good RTS, obviously the AOE series is good. One of the best RTS games I have played is the Company of Heroes series. It has great graphics and gameplay and is a nice break from the EA cookie cutter BS.

bk70

Registered Member
I am a pretty big RTS fanatic and the best one i have ever played is C&C Generals: Zero Hour. IT came out a few years ago but it is still the best RTS i have ever played and i still even occasionally play it.

TheDonkeyofPoker

Registered Member
My personal fav in the genre is Age of Empires 2 (age of kings), not as great graphics as 3, but better overview of the battlefield. Rise of Nations is a nice game too. Or the Civilization series.
same here
I started with AOE the original all the way to AOM

anyone interested in real time strategy games should get Age of Kings , the Conquerors.

the new Age series games are pretty, all about graphics and takes little to no skill any more to play. With everything being qued and and noobified the game pretty much plays itself. Rise of Nations is pretty much the same way...