Strangest thing to happen to you while wakling

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nightsurfer, May 9, 2008.

1. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Hi all.

I was wondering what was the strangest thing to have ever happen to you while you were walking down the street?

Well for me that would be the time I got ran over by a car that wasn't there.

I know I was as shocked as you are now..

I was walking down the street and all the sudden I was hit (and by hit I mean Run Over) by a tire, rim and all.

As I watch the tire keep rolling down the hill I notice a WV Bug come to a sparking halt 50 or so feet back from me..Oh yeah I was walking at night.

The guy got out of the car and asked me if I was alright..All it did was knock me down. Ran up my leg and knocked me down and the ran over my back and shoulders..It was more funny to me than anything.

The guy had lost the wheel (Due to the fact someone took the lugs off) 200 ft or so behind me and saw it run me over..
    His WV managed to stay on 3 wheels for more than 200 ft, it started coming off as he crossed the intersection 200 ft or so back.

When I took off my jacket it had a tire track going across it. (No joke)

The guy insisted I wait for the cops, to make sure I was OK and to get info since it was technically a hit and run. :lol: The cop didn't know what to think.

But all in all I was OK and I now have a great story to tell my friends and he paid to clean my jacket.

That has to be the strangest thing to have ever happened to me while I was out walking.

So what is your story?

2. Easily-Amused

Easily-Amused http://easily-amused.com/

hmm... well while walking down the road to my school... or was i driving? i dont remember.
    either way, on the side of the road, i saw two mothers talking,each with one hand on a baby stroller and the other on a leash.
    not so strange, you'd think, right?
    well, that the other end of the leash was a llama.
    each of the mothers had a small child and a llama.
    i found that strange.

3. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

Something similar happened to me and some friends while we were driving. Only a tire came off of somebody's car on an 8 lane express way and rolled up the median and popped way up into the air, only to land ON a car a few people behind us. Bummer!

That being said nothing really strange has happened to me while walking though.

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

haha that's hilarious

the strangest thing that I have ever had happen to me while walking? I was with this guy that i know and he made me laugh to the point where I didn't even bother to look in front of me.

Of course there just had to be a light post right there, it didn't feel good.

5. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Driving the bike at a full speed down the street, I thought I saw someone in front of me, note this was in dark, I brake as hard as I could, cause I was in panic, I braked both brakes, which sent me flying over the head. I got up, and no one was there.

6. SiroV

SiroV Registered Member

Well strangest/most exciting thing Ive seen or happened to me while walking is some lady get hit by a semi, yeah not "exciting" like "lol did you see that I wish I had it on camera". When you see something like that you think "omfG sick" blood all over the street just out of her head, she didn't die but her face/right eye is gone and now disfigured.

Other things like doing the "which-way dance" with total strangers, you know your walking down the street, you go left he goes right you go right he goes left...back and forth til you just stop and laugh at eachother.

7. Italiano

Italiano Film Elitist

This little encounter took place a couple years ago.

Well I was taking out the trash at my job one day and I had just thrown the bag into the dumpster.

As I started walking back this man approached me. Now before I say anything else, outweighing evidence told me that this man was not homeless, but damned if he didn't look homeless. He had on really raggedy clothes, dirty face and hair and shoes that looked like someone tried to shove through a paper shredder.

However, he had a coffee in one hand, keys in the other, and after our skirmish he entered a bank nearby.

So, this man approached me and asked "Excuse me young man, how many winters have you seen?"

I pause momentarily to one, grasp what he had just asked me and two, think of the answer.

"18" I answer.
    "I've seen 72. Have a nice day." He replied and then walked away.

Mind you he looked even ten years younger than 72. Though he seemed very polite and kind when he spoke to me, it was just not something I guess I was not... prepared for at the time.

That's one incident that happened to me, I can probably think of more later.

Last edited: May 10, 2008
  8. viLky

viLky ykLiv

You just got ran over by a tire. What do you mean "ARE YOU ALRIGHT". o_o;

Nothing really exciting like that for me. I was walking to the store to get some candy when these teenagers ran out in the street and started cussing for no reason. Then one of them tackled the other guy and started to laugh. It was funny, but odd. Maybe they were on drugs or something... :eek:

9. Hanzo_Hattori

Hanzo_Hattori For the Horde!

I always just barely miss a car or cyclist XD, I'm always jay-walking!,

And read the title "-- Happen to you while WAKLING" I thought it said "wanking" XD

10. The_Burger_King

The_Burger_King Registered Member

It was back in middle school, I was walking to my next class and was reading over some notes not paying attention to anything around me trying to concentrate and get ready for the test I had when all of the sudden BAM! head first into a metal pole.