• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Strange Food Combinations

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
Yesterday in chat, bliss was making fun of me for liking gravy on my salad. Later that day, I was reheating the last of the leftover turkey I had from my moms, and it was kinda dry, so I threw some salad dressing on it that was in the fridge. Yah I get the irony of that haha. Gravy on my salad, and dressing on my turkey. But seriously, its good! I love juxtaposing different foods like that.

One combo that weirds me out is when my grandma has a jam sandwich, with a cheese slice in it. It makes me shudder. Cheese and jam? Grosssssss.

What about yourselves? Is there any strange food combinations you like that others think you are weird for liking? What food combinations have you seen that you think are weird?

Iris

rainbow 11!
i dip my french fries in milkshakes... but other than that, I don't really have any strange combos. and ew, danny. turkey and dressing? Then again, I hate salad dressing. the only time I eat ranch is with buffalo chicken.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Later that day, I was reheating the last of the leftover turkey I had from my moms, and it was kinda dry, so I threw some salad dressing on it that was in the fridge.
I do that as well. Nothing worse than dry meat. Haha.

I don't think they're weird... but I like horseradish on my pasta, mayo on my fries, ketchup on my shepherd's pie & eggs.

I get weird looks for all of those.

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
I don't think that I enjoy any strange food combinations myself. However, my grandfather on my father's side used to eat pinto beans topped with cake. I have never heard of that before, or seen it since.

I'm not sure if this is commonplace or not, but my father lies to mix peanut butter and syrup together and eat it. I haven't seen anyone do it but him, so I'm not sure if this is normal or not. lol
That combination tasted ok, but it tore up my stomach.

Bliss

Sally Twit
lol poor Danny crying to his mommy!

The main thing I can think of that people look at me strangely about is tuna, cheese, salad cream, pasta and mash. All together in a bowl with the mash on the top. It's so lush!

I also like vinegar on pizza and salad cream on lasagne.

Konshentz

Konshentz
Salad cream? That just sounds gross. Speak American, woman.

I like cottage cheese on my spaghetti/lasagna.

Bliss

Sally Twit
The only thing I can compare it to is mayonnaise. It isn't as thick and it's more yellow in colour. It's also sweeter. It does have some of the same ingredients actually.

Impact

V.I.P.
Cheese and jam sammiches are nom, Danny.

I always thought peanut butter and 'jelly' was weird, but so many people love it that I guess i'm one of the few there.

I love mayo on toast. Has to be the really thick mayo, not that crappy runny stuff. Garlic aoili works wonders in place of mayo too.

Chunks of cheese in soup is also pretty awesome.

Iris

rainbow 11!
oh god! this thread makes me want to vomit. so much mayo, everywhere. but I hate mayo. how can you eat mayo on toast? and jam and cheese, lauren? really?

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
String Cheese Dipped in Blue Cheese Dressing.

I used to do that all the time. Was one of my favorite combos to do while I was grazing in the fridge. Another was dipping String Cheese in BBQ sauce, but I dont think thats all that weird to be honest.