• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Strange collections???

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
Does anyone besides me collect comething strange? I collect bolts, screws, nuts, springs and stuff of that sort. Whenever I see one randomly laying on the ground or anywhere I just pick it up and add it to my collection?

How about everyone else?

Reactions: Van

Blueyes

Registered Member
Really? What exactly do you do with them all?

Dust bunnies collect at my place but other than that I'm not really a collector of sorts. I would start something and then stop and get rid of whatever it was. I do have a few old computers in my closet if you count those but I don't use them anymore and haven't found a place to drop them off yet.

bball4life

Alfred :: Gotham Hero
Really? What exactly do you do with them all?

lol i admire them sometimes... just kidding i dont do anythnig with them, they just sit there on top of my dressor taking up space.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I actually mentioned this one in my "bio" here hahaha

I've got a collection of Bayonets, huge collection, been doing it for probably the better part of 10 years now. I've got over 250 Bayonets that span from Revolutionary war Replicas, to 1 Authentic and a bunch of replica's from Civil war, to WW1 & 2 (those are primarily all authentic.. getting more in my price range), I've also got some used in Vietnam, Korea, and Desert Storm.

I'm not picky about what country they are from, mostly from the USA, but I've got tons of Swedish, Russian, German, and English versions. They are neat to have and even more fun to show people... you'd be amazed how a person looks at you after they've seen you've got more Blades than the nearest Armory.

Oh and living in California makes this hobby very difficult! I've had to really cut some close corners to get most of them shipped to my house. Fortunately I've never gotten busted for that one yet ;)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I have a buckeye collection. I used to go to this buckeye tree in my neighborhood and pick up all the buckeyes that were laying on the ground and then knock more of them out of the tree. I haven't done that in a long time, but if I ever see a buckeye on the ground I keep it.

AngelsPeak

Wanna play?
I don't really collect them, but I'll only buy angels in sets of 3. Friends have given me a few sets over the years too, so I have more than I actually would have bought for myself.
Most are put away in a closet because I'm not big on looking obsessive over any particular item, and I create enough clutter myself.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I have a buckeye collection. I used to go to this buckeye tree in my neighborhood and pick up all the buckeyes that were laying on the ground and then knock more of them out of the tree. I haven't done that in a long time, but if I ever see a buckeye on the ground I keep it.
lmao, first Time I was introduced to Buckeyes I was about 13-14. I was up fishing with my grandpa at this lake and on the way up there were bunch of the short buckeye trees or bushes whatever they. I'd asked him what they were and he told me they were "Wild Mountain Apples" and that they looked in season.

So we stop and he snags one off for me, lol hands me his pocket knife and tells me: "go ahead, cut it up and take a bite". So I did... lmao, Bitterist pile of sh!t in the world. He's still stone faced... says "What is it not ripe yet?... Try cuttin deeper, they are sweeter in the middle" hahaha which was quite the opposite, the deeper you go the more bitter it is!

lmao. I miss that old man.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
So we stop and he snags one off for me, lol hands me his pocket knife and tells me: "go ahead, cut it up and take a bite". So I did... lmao, Bitterist pile of sh!t in the world. He's still stone faced... says "What is it not ripe yet?... Try cuttin deeper, they are sweeter in the middle" hahaha which was quite the opposite, the deeper you go the more bitter it is!

lmao. I miss that old man.
Wow. Buckeyes are actually poisonous for certain animals. Squirrels eat them though.

dDave

V.I.P.
I collect coins but that's pretty ordinary.

so if you want something strange, I have this huge amass of old computer parts I'd call it a collection.

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Wow. Buckeyes are actually poisonous for certain animals. Squirrels eat them though.
lmao really? That cruel old coot. Now I feel bad for feeding them to all the unsuspecting people I have... hahahaha woops.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MissMe Movies & TV 2
P Movies & TV 3
Unity Movies & TV 22
Hilander General Discussion 10
Crouton Video Games 32