Stranded on a Desert Island

If you were stranded on a desert island name 1 person you would take and 1 item you would bring.

If I were stranded on a desert island I would take my husband and water. I know mine is pretty lame, but I couldn't think of anything else.;)

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I don't know who I'd take... I would ask around I guess but I doubt anybody would be up for it without a good deal of persuasion. :D

As for the one item I would take a fully charged satellite phone.

(Maybe there should be a rule on the items you can pick. They can't be items used to easily get off the island?) :D

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I'd probably take Les Stroud over Bear Grylls, but Bear is awesome too. I love those shows. As much as I'd like to take one of them, I think I'd take a hot female instead. My one item would be bug netting.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
What's the point of taking water? Sooner or later it's going to run out (probably within a day or two). After that, you're going to have to find your own water.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
There's no point in taking a laptop with wireless internet... No ISP will have service that far out anyway.

Not to mention there is no point in bringing a laptop since after a few days or less it will be out of battery life and will be 100% useless.

And also there is no point in taking a Playboy playmate either... She wouldn't last a day there and the rest of the time you'd be stuck by yourself. I think the idea was to pick somebody that you actually know who you could realistically take with you... ;)

Honestly now that I think about it something that would be really good to take would be a really big sturdy knife. Something solid that you could use to hunt as well as defend yourself with. "Lock" style (for all you Lost fans). :)

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
Defend yourself from what? Polar bears?

Actually, a knife is definitely the most useful thing you could take. That or rope. I'd still take bug netting though. I'd never be able to sleep without it.