Stranded on a Desert Island

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by gabsmom123, Apr 24, 2007.

1. gabsmom123

gabsmom123 New Member

If you were stranded on a desert island name 1 person you would take and 1 item you would bring.

If I were stranded on a desert island I would take my husband and water. I know mine is pretty lame, but I couldn't think of anything else.;)

2. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

I don't know who I'd take... I would ask around I guess but I doubt anybody would be up for it without a good deal of persuasion. :D

As for the one item I would take a fully charged satellite phone.

(Maybe there should be a rule on the items you can pick. They can't be items used to easily get off the island?) :D

3. Mr_Snipes

Mr_Snipes Registered Member

If I was stranded on a desert island I would take Bear Grylls and I would take a good hunting knife.

4. Major

Major 4 legs good 2 legs bad V.I.P.

I'd probably take Les Stroud over Bear Grylls, but Bear is awesome too. I love those shows. As much as I'd like to take one of them, I think I'd take a hot female instead. My one item would be bug netting.

5. manikdee

manikdee New Member

I would take a Playboy Playmate and my laptop with wireless internet access so I can courier anything else I may need over.

Haha Cheers :)

6. nangel78

nangel78 Registered Member

I would take my husband and water as well. I would have to agree with you.

7. Major

What's the point of taking water? Sooner or later it's going to run out (probably within a day or two). After that, you're going to have to find your own water.

8. Mirage

Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

There's no point in taking a laptop with wireless internet... No ISP will have service that far out anyway.

Not to mention there is no point in bringing a laptop since after a few days or less it will be out of battery life and will be 100% useless.

And also there is no point in taking a Playboy playmate either... She wouldn't last a day there and the rest of the time you'd be stuck by yourself. I think the idea was to pick somebody that you actually know who you could realistically take with you... ;)

Honestly now that I think about it something that would be really good to take would be a really big sturdy knife. Something solid that you could use to hunt as well as defend yourself with. "Lock" style (for all you Lost fans). :)

9. Major

Defend yourself from what? Polar bears?

Actually, a knife is definitely the most useful thing you could take. That or rope. I'd still take bug netting though. I'd never be able to sleep without it.

10. Ghost

Ghost Registered Member

I'd take my husband and a boatload of my chapsticks.
    (shrugging) It's my way.