STRAIGHT PIN from my LUNG/Valuable Lesson....FREAK ACCIDENT

Discussion in 'Money & Investing' started by pingirl, May 14, 2005.

  1. pingirl

    pingirl New Member

    Hi:)
    posted an auction last night...most of us can relate to. I was "holding" a straight pin in my mouth, between my lips, like many of us do with toothpicks, or nails or other small objects when our hands are full. I accidentally sucked it down my throat and into my lung!!!!!!!!!

    Anyway, I have the whole story and the ACTUAL PIN on ebay if any of you are interested in checking it out...it had 1133 last time I checked.

    Here is the link:

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5581264898

    It is Item number 5581264898

    If you check it out thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you find it interesting please forward it on to friends and family:)
     

  2. wolvergambit

    wolvergambit Registered Member

    I think this auction is great!!

    A good story and an even better lesson to be learned.

    I hope it does well! :)
     
  3. pingirl

    pingirl New Member

    Thank you:)

    It would be nice to pay off some of the medical bills from it...but I'd be happy too if it would keep people from making the same stupid mistake LOL
     
  4. helpisontheway

    helpisontheway Registered Member

    OUCH... good luck with the auction...
     
  5. Mirage

    Mirage Administrator Staff Member V.I.P.

    Wow de-Ja-vu.. I just talked to a friend last night and found out he once swallowed a straight pin as well.. (Well, whatever type of pin has a little ball on the end of it). His went into his stomache, and he had to go to the doctor every day to make sure it wasn't getting stuck anywhere. Amazingly, he claimed it made it through without problems.. Lucky.. LOL!
     
  6. doubles2004

    doubles2004 Registered Member

    Ouch Ouch and double Ouch just thinking of that hurts .Anyways good luck on your auction.
     
  7. momtobrenna

    momtobrenna Registered Member

    OMG I did kind of the same thing. I've been to the ER only twice in my life - once I was 3 yrs old (had the flu) then when I was 23 yrs old I swallowed a straight pin. I didn't suck it into my lungs though. I swallowed it. I don't hold things like that in my mouth anymore.
     

Share This Page