Stop apeasing us

Really, it's embarrasing. The left seems to be making it their life mission to "make good" with the Muslims, but why? We constantly threaten to do more damage than that of 9/11, we decapitate the kaffirs, we terrorize airports, then sue when people demand that we be removed. Srsly, stop it.

Prayer is not to be done loudly, or in a disruptive matter, if anything, the Qu'ran demands moderate behaviour, not lavish, loud, and disruptive. The "Imams" did it because they knew it would upset people, throw out the lawsuit and fine the ACLU for choking up the courtrooms with another frivilous lawsuit.

When people say they want to kill you and your countrymen, and have done so by flying huge airliners into buildings, the rational response would not be to put foot baths in airports. The rational responce would be to find the people responsible, imprison them, and execute them as enemies of the people, as well as those that give aid and comfort to these terrorists.

So really, stop making it easy for 'us' to kill you, it's almost too easy.

S

Spider Jerusalem

Liberals ass-kiss to Muslims because liberals are rascist assholes who believe Muslims all hate America. So it's sortof "my enemy's enemy" mindframe.

If we weren't at war with the middle-east, liberals would see Islam as just another anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-Jewish religion that needed to be eroded by secular schooling and propaganda. Even the most hardcore of Islamic terrorists don't scare me half as much as the average liberal. Terrorists couldn't begin to hate America as much as liberals do.

If they had that kindof energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now.

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
liberals would see Islam as just another anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-Jewish religion that needed to be eroded by secular schooling and propaganda.
I think you'd have trouble finding a secular liberal who doesn't think we should do that. It's part of a three-pronged attack, you see. The second prong is to convince folks that America is cool with them, thus decreasing the chances that they'll attack us, and increasing the chances that they'll rat out their terrorist friends to our intelligence agencies. The last prong is, of course, working with other nations to eliminate terrorist cells around the world. I can understand why you fear liberals though. We might actually think of some clever way to make the world a better place.

Kazmarov

For a Free Scotland
Well, 9/11 irrationally strained Arab-US relations, so if the "liberals" want to try to normalize them, do so. We've done a lot of crap to the middle east as a whole (Suez Canal, the Shah, Iraq, selling arms to everyone) that's made a section of the population want us dead, but there are many others who are collateral to this all. I don't see any reason why extending an olive branch to the moderates who don't like the situation is unwarranted.

T

Technocrat

Liberals ass-kiss to Muslims because liberals are rascist assholes who believe Muslims all hate America. So it's sortof "my enemy's enemy" mindframe.

If we weren't at war with the middle-east, liberals would see Islam as just another anti-choice, anti-woman, anti-Jewish religion that needed to be eroded by secular schooling and propaganda. Even the most hardcore of Islamic terrorists don't scare me half as much as the average liberal. Terrorists couldn't begin to hate America as much as liberals do.

I think you're making a huge generalization. Liberals don't "asskiss" to Muslims. Some might, but many do not. There's really no fundamental difference in the mentality of a radical muslim and a radical Christian. Only in their action.

Many Liberals do slam Islam, because Islam itself is bad. They do see it as primitive, mysogenistic, and backward. It is. Islam is stuck in the Middle Ages, and it hasn't left it since the beginning of the Renaissance.

Liberals don't hate America either. They simply see a different version from you. It isn't synonymous with "hate" to point out perceived problems. Roosevelt encouraged criticism of values and the government as being one core patriotic duties of every citizen. What you are trying to do is project your tribal values onto everyone, and if anyone opposes your values, they must hate the nation.

You do know that there are several prominent Conservatives (Anne Coulter and D'Souza who would like to turn the United States into something that is a lot more in line with Islamic practices, right? The latter character actually agreed with Osama that we are too decadent and "free," which is why they "hate us."

nanite1018

Registered Member

I might be considered a liberal, and I don't hate America. I certainly don't think Islam is a terrible religion. Although I don't like any religion, or the concept of religion, but Islam isn't especially bad, certainly not worse than Christianity or Judaism, or Hinduism. Worse than Buddhism though, I think its the best of all the religions, but again, religion in general isn't a good thing in my opinion.

Liberals aren't evil. People who hate the concept of freedom and enjoy inflicting pain are.

Well, 9/11 irrationally strained Arab-US relations, so if the "liberals" want to try to normalize them, do so. We've done a lot of crap to the middle east as a whole (Suez Canal, the Shah, Iraq, selling arms to everyone) that's made a section of the population want us dead, but there are many others who are collateral to this all. I don't see any reason why extending an olive branch to the moderates who don't like the situation is unwarranted.
I hardly doubt it was bad enough to justify the crap radical Islam does.

I hardly doubt it was bad enough to justify the crap radical Islam does.
Well, I don't think 9/11 justified revenge against the general middle east, either. Didn't stop a huge majority ïn the US from supporting "the war against terror", though. Or from thinking that it would be just and right to drop bombs on cities as long as some "terrorists" were hit as well. Some would even say, in public, that the only intention with the invasion in Iraq was to teach the arabs their place, for instance. To make an example, to "discourage" future attacks.

Is that justifiable? Yes, it was justified to them. So it was justified. Does that mean it's right, or that the thinking and the actions are well considered, and is evidence of moral clarity? Arguable. But that didn't prevent it from happening, now did it. Or the entire thing from being glorified afterwards, in spite of (or perhaps because of) the demonstrable horrors it has caused.

So the question is what you do with it afterwards, I guess. Whether you intend to work for change, or whether you're intending to support more of the same. In the name of a gloriously epic, and fictional, battle of civilisations. Or of "ideology", as mr. Bush says, in his depth of historical awareness.

And unless you can say, in that position, that "no, I would not allow retaliation in my name", you really don't have the opportunity to speak of what's not "justifiable" at all.

And unless you can say, in that position, that "no, I would not allow retaliation in my name", you really don't have the opportunity to speak of what's not "justifiable" at all.
Is it retaliation when the Sunnis murder the Shi'ites? When the Shi'ites murder the Sunnis? When either of them murder Kurds or Christians? What did they do to deserve this "retaliation"? What did the innocent people of Madrid or London do to deserve the "retaliation"? Radical Islam wants nothing more than to conquer and destroy the people they perceive as enemies, including their own. They indocrinate fear and hatred into their children the second the child emerges from the womb. This is not Islam, it's a blatant mockery of the Prophet (pbuh) and God himself.