Stone Cold or The Rock

• The Rock

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
We have a thread about who you think is better between Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, so I decided to start a thread about who you think had the better wrestling career The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I'm actually wearing my Austin 3:16 T-shirt right now, so I'll start off there...

Anyways I picked Austin. I've always claimed Austin had a bigger impact on the wrestling world over Hogan, so I'll definitely take him over the Rock as well. Promo wise you have to give the Rock a little bit of an edge because I think the Rock is the greatest of all time in that category but what puts Austin over the top is his unique personality, his charisma and his superior in ring wrestling skills. The Rock wasn't terrible but Austin told a better story in the ring. His match w/ Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 13 is one of the greatest matches of all time. The reaction he got from the crowd is second to none and he lead the way during the WWE's greatest time frame. He is one of the chief reasons WCW does not exist anymore.

Austin, IMO, is the 3rd greatest performer of all time just behind Ric Flair and Bret Hart.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have to agree with you, Stone Cold barely edges The Rock for me when you compare both wrestlers. Both do everything well, they were very charasmatic, they were great in ring wrestlers and both of them are great on the microphone. They can cut a great promo.

But I like I mention I have to say Stone Cold was better just because of the great matches he had, he had some classic matches, I know The Rock did as well, but I just think that Stone Cold's matches were more classic and some of them will be forever remembered.

generalblue

Where is my Queen?
I like this one, because there in ring and promo performances were about the same caliber. Fan reactions was abouth the same, but Austin had the biggest impact. His character created the attitude era along with vince. So, I pick Austin.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
Although The Rock had great promos his career was pushed fast from the first day he stepped in, with Stone Cold he was around for years remember Stunning Steve back in the WCW days. Also I think The Rock was more popular with the ladies. Overall in ring talent I would give to Stone Cold. And the one thing that helps me decide on saying Stone Cold over The Rock is the fact the Rock pretty much walked away for Hollywood Stone Cold for health reasons if not for his health he would probably still be raising hell in the WWE today. Both were great in and out of the rinf but I would have to say Stone Cold would get my vote just for longevity and he never left for the Holywood paycheck.

Kratzenkov16

Registered Member
I'm a little surprised the votes are 5-0 Austin. Regardless of that I'm about to say something here that alot of people might not like and that's okay but its my personal opinion. Even with the score in favor of Austin.

The Rock was mediocre in the ring people...probably below average. People just couldnt tell because he was so charismatic. He wasnt terrible but he wasnt that good either. I have this convo with a friend of mine all the time and how ppl just ate up everything Rock did that they missed his fundamental flaws in the ring.

Austin was the man. I didnt pick him over Rock because the Rock sold out. I picked Austin because he was better. Plain and simple. You might not like my opinion of the Rock but thats just the way it is.

Austin. All the crap he did to Vince was hilarious. He was every entertaining, good wrestler and a fan favorite. A fantastic man.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
I'm not going to vote in this one.

I was reading the thread and realized that both men have done amazing things for this business. There is no way that I could pick between two spectacular in ring, promo, and mic guys.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I know it's very hard to vote, it actually took me around 15 minutes to actually vote between the two. Their very close in every aspect when you compare the both of them.

They've done so much for the business and I respect the hell out of both of them.

The_Burger_King

Registered Member
I think the question you ask yourself to help you decide your vote between these 2 is "Would you rather see The Rock or Stone Cold make a return?" And not in current conditions the "in the prime" Rock or Austin. When I think of it that way, I would be way more pumped to see Stone Cold come back as he was in his prime.