• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stolen Pets

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
I had a pet taken one time, I think what happened she went to his house and he just decided to keep her. It was my beagle and if it hadn't been for my Saint Bernard I wouldn't have found her.

Sam, the St. Bernard, came home without her one day after they had been out running around together. This was unusual for the beagle not to stay with Sam. The beagle would start crap with other dogs and Sam was her back up.:lol: So I asked Sam where's Puppy Dog, silly name but that's what I called her. Sam turned around and headed down the road with me following her. She went right to this guys house where he had her in a dog pin.

I knocked on his door and demanded my dog back and he gave her to me. Offered many excuses, which I didn't buy. I kind of made a smart remark to him, I said yea you see beagles running around with a Saint Bernard every day that doesn't belong to anyone.:rant:

Have you ever had a pet stolen?

wolfheart

Registered Member
Our family never had any pets stolen from us,but we did have some b#####d release my brothers birds from an avery in the back garden.
I have heard of this happening though, especially with popular breads of dogs, a couple of years ago my local park had to put up signs warning people not to let their dogs run to far in front of them as a few dogs had been taken.

I think it's an appaling thing to happen for the owner as well as the animal.
The worst I have heard of was a woman had her six month old Staffordshire terrier taken from her front garden in the middle of day.
Two different people saw a guy walk up the path, put a leash on him and walk off, muttering something about the dog running off.

dDave

V.I.P.
We have never had a pet stolen or run away long term. Occasionally one of my Boston's gets a little too confident and he will run all the way to the neighbors house (which is a considerable distance for such a small dog). All of my neighbors have big dogs. He'll sheepishly come back to the house when he realizes there's nothing out there that he can take :lol:.

I suppose pet stealing isn't all that common around my area. I honestly cannot recall any specific cases of that happening. I would certainly never take someone elses pet nor would I be pleased at all if someone else took mine.

Elanor

Registered Member
I am lucky that I have never had a pet stolen, and it is something I hope I never have to go through. Around the area that I live, there was a group of lads who went around trying to steal dogs to be used for fighting! It is such an awful thing to do, and I am glad they were caught.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Some dog breeds are worth a considerable amount of money and they will take them to resale them. They also take them to use to train fighting dogs. Which is horrible, worse than taking them because they want the dog but if you don't know why they are taken you always imagine the worse.

They will also take pups and dogs that are free for use to train fighting dogs. Got to be careful who you give your pups to.

ReasontoBelieve

Registered Member
We have had a lot of cats and dogs. None of them technically stolen from us to another resident. But on 2 occasions pepper our Dalmatian was gone. My sister believes Timmy's Dad (my youngest brother) gave pepper a ride. Because he did not like that dog. . Another time we had a dog name munchkin. That because she was mentally not fully developed. Terry gave this dog a ride and let this dog go out in some field I think. Doing this without anyone's permission. . this guy was also a beer drinker and smoked pot. He was known to do some crazy stuff in his time. .

We once had a Siberian husky name koda used to have one brown eye and one blue eye. He would often howl as these kinds of dogs are somewhat wolf like. Koda dug his way under the fence. I was at the skating rink and my friends told me he was found at Foster Freeze right next door. . said he got inside and was eating the French fries. I thought it was so funny. Koda was back home. But apparently no one made any measurements enough to stop this dog. He dug his way out again and was never seen after that. .

I just hope someone found him and took care of him. Dogs are not like cats. They are not very good on their own. . tamed dogs not in the wild would usually need a person to take care of this dog. Cats on the other hand are good survivors outside. It's why you can let them on your porch outside all day. Most dogs can not be let out in front except a dog that is really trained very well. We had cats also but that is pretty typical as cats get in a lot of trouble or perhaps lost sometimes.

Hilander

Free Spirit
Staff member
V.I.P.
Having you dog dropped off like that would make me mad. They can not survive on their own and more than likely no one will take them in unless they are purebred dogs or really cute. Some people will even shoot them, if that is not what was done to begin with instead of them being dropped off.