• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stolen Description

Dragon

V.I.P.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow... he even copied your font and colors.. I'd report that to eBay if I were you. They should have no problem deleting it pretty quickly. :)

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Well, people can still go straight to the HTML and grab it there.. There's no sure way to stop it unfortunately. :(

leopard22

Registered Member
Hey, Dragon, that sucks. I'm glad eBay finally got their act together and pulled the guy's ... um .... auction :D

I write reviews for a website and some lady in Australia has been pretty much copying my reviews with just a few differences (probably enough to scrape through copyscape) ... it's annoying, but the guy in charge doesn't want to do anything about it. Her site is pretty much a non-entity anyway I guess. Still, I'd like to let her know she's not fooling anyone (or at least not me).

Glad you did try to email the guy to see if it was just a dumb, know-nothing-about-ebay type of mistake ... but even better that eBay did their job right.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
That's unfortunate leopard. Have you tried sending a C&D (cease and desist) letter to this lady? I don't know how Canada works with the Australian government on copyright infringement, but there might be something you can do. Maybe speak to a lawyer if it really is bugging you, but your employer probably won't want to pay for that. :(