Stojakovic Undergoes Surgery

Discussion in 'NBA' started by Babe_Ruth, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

OKLAHOMA CITY, Dec. 17 -- The New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets announced today that guard Peja Stojakovic underwent surgery today to remove a disc fragment in his lower back. The outpatient procedure was performed by Dr. Brock Schnebel at McBride Clinic Orthopedic Hospital in Oklahoma City. No timetable has been set for his return.
    The Hornets also announced today that forward David West will undergo arthroscopic surgery on Wednesday to relieve synovitis (inflammation of the joint membrane) in his right elbow. The outpatient procedure will be performed by Dr. Carlan Yates at McBride Clinic Orthopedic Hospital in Oklahoma City.

“Our main concern was to get Peja and David healthy again,†said General Manager Jeff Bower. “After a series of evaluations, our medical staff determined that surgery was the best option for both of them.â€

Stojakovic had averaged 17.8 points and 4.2 rebounds on .405 shooting (34-84) from three-point range over the team’s first 13 games before missing the last nine contests. Before suffering his injury, he notched a career-high 42 points on 11/15 vs. Charlotte and hit the game-winning three-pointer 11/18 at Minnesota.

West had averaged 17.4 points and 8.3 rebounds over the team’s first seven games before missing the last 15 contests. During those seven games, he scored in double figures six times and scored 20 points or more three times.

“We will evaluate Peja and David once they have recovered from their surgeries before we make a determination on their status,†said Bower. “Although our team has been slowed by injuries as of late, we don’t want to rush their returns to the detriment of their health.â€

http://www.nba.com/news/Stojakovic_Undergoes_Surgery_-200665-32.html

2. Fresh

Fresh Aw, Here It Goes!

Well I hope its a successful surgery, because I had high hopes for Peja and the Hornets, I look forward to his return hopefully its a quick one.