• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Still don't believe in the death penalty?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
By not executing people, stuff like this DOES happen. This convicted murderer is now on the loose. He very well may kill others because Maryland was too "nice" to execute him for VIDEO FOOTAGE showing him killing his former boss.

FOXNews.com - Convicted Murderer on the Loose After Scaling Maryland Prison Wall - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News

HAGERSTOWN, Md. — Authorities say a man caught on video killing his former boss at a Bladensburg tire shop scaled a fence and escaped from a western Maryland prison.

Maryland Division of Correction spokesman Mark Vernarelli says Kanderlario Garcia-Ramos escaped Saturday morning from the medium-security Maryland Correctional Institution in Hagerstown, about 70 miles northwest of Baltimore. Garcia-Ramos was serving the first year of a 40-year sentence for the December 2007 killing.

Prince George's County State's Attorney spokesman Ramon Korionoff says a few weeks after Garcia-Ramos was fired, he returned to the shop and fatally stabbed his former boss.

Korionoff says authorities are working to secure the victims' family and witnesses.
This could have been avoided plain and simple. Imagine how the family and witnesses feel right now. Their lives are in immediate danger because this guy escaped. It shouldn't take long to execute somebody. He should have already been executed if you ask me. Instead he has a 40-year sentence.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
This is two towns south of me. Looks like fun. Hey maybe he'll come up here to PA... wouldn't surprise me if he jumped state.

snowflake

Registered Member
I've never believed in the Death Penalty but when you see things like this happening it amkes me think overwise. Maybe it's the only way to keep the monsters out of our communities . It's obvious the time he spend in jail didn't make him see what wrong he has done. So i'm going to say yes, He should have been given the Death Penalty. This would not have happened then !!

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
If anyone runs across this man, they should probably call the authorities and avoid firing him under any conditions.

Duke1985

EatsApplePieShitsFreedom
Hmmm he could have escaped death row just the same.
In fact the process of killing someone legally takes alot of time, time he could have made his escape. So no the death penalty would not have prevented this.
What would have prevented this is killing him the second he got to prison and ignoring his right to try and appeal his case and prove his innocence.

or....

I know we can use all the money we saved by not killing (ie the appeals process I believe is the most expensive part) and beef up prison security because if there is an escape its not an issue of capital punishment but rather an issue of prison security.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
It showed him on camera murdering this guy. What more proof do you need? It showed HE did it. No one else. The maximum penalty for murder in Maryland is death.

Wade8813

Registered Member
Duke's right - this guy could still have escaped, since he did it so soon after being caught.

But we could easily take a hypothetical, where this guy escapes after he would have been executed, but because he wasn't on death row, lived longer.

snowflake

Registered Member
If he was on death row, would he have gotton past security?

It's the family and friends that need the security right now !!:mad:

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
The dude might be as harmless as a teddy bear. Almost anyone can be driven to kill under the right circumstances.

Last edited:

PretzelCorps

Registered Member
In fact the process of killing someone legally takes alot of time, time he could have made his escape. So no the death penalty would not have prevented this.
Duke does have a point here.

Frankly, I'm mostly on the fence with the death penalty. I think there is certainly some benefit in having it around, but at the same time I can understand why some people are hesitant to leap on it --> Mistakes will always be made, and while you can compensate for someone's freedom (sort of), you can't do anything for a dead guy...