Stickers off paper?

palefrost

Registered Member
Let see if we have a solution for this one. I have a few paper items. Old magazines and boxes. I have a few stickers on the boxes and paper sheets i would like to remove. Should i even bother? What about the sticky glue residue? IS there a good way to remove that off paper with out damaging it?

That's what I would have suggested as well, it seems like anything else would damage the paper. I think steaming alters the papers texture, and wrinkles it though.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
I have some old comic books that have stickers on the covers that have nothing to do with anything. Like whoever owned them must have just bought some random stickers and put them on the cover of some of their books. Just one sticker on a few of them, but still. I'm not going to take them off because the books have most likely faded slightly. Their value is already killed because of this but oh well. I didn't pay much for them in the first place.

iggyshotthebear

Registered Member
Test something you dont care about first with this method:
Q-Tips and alcohol. I used it on the Beatles Butcher Album and the old pasted on sheet came right off. Be gentle, and the alcohol dries and doesnt wrinkle the paper.

Good luck!

palefrost

Registered Member
Test something you dont care about first with this method:
Q-Tips and alcohol. I used it on the Beatles Butcher Album and the old pasted on sheet came right off. Be gentle, and the alcohol dries and doesnt wrinkle the paper.

Good luck!

OOoo interesting. Ill have to try this. It left no stain behind i assume?

kknight0506

Registered Member
you can also put your iron over that particular area for couple of seconds to take of your sticker.both steaming and iron helps in my case.i use both these methods to remove stamps from the envelopes which then go to my collector file:)

mamab

Registered Member
I never would have thought of the alcohol. I would have thought steam or heat.

I've never had anything that was worth worrying about having stickers on them, but could see how they could damage an item and reduce its value. Wouldn't the glue itself be damaging to paper?