Steve Nash wins MVP

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Congratulations to the Canadian boy to win this years NBA MVP. It's the second year in a row that he has won, and by doing that he became the ninth player in NBA history to do it. I think he deserved to win it, doing all this without the Man Child Amare Stoudamire, and making career years to players like Boris Diaw and Raja Bell. Once again congratulations.

2packobe

i m not telling that because i m a kobe fans, i really think steve nash doesnt deserve it, he cant defend nobody in the league and he will never win a nba title how can he be a mvp?????? kobe deserved it his season was just awesome

C

Cocca

Kobe deserves nothing, his team doesn't win like the Suns do. Nash won this season with his best option injured. If they make the finals this year it is a true testiment to how good of a guard Nash is.

S

scottmcgrady

I was talking to my coach about the MVP race. We both agreed that Phoenix could reach this position without Nash and without LeBron James, Cleveland would never have got close to the second round, even the playoffs. When Nash said, I'm not the best but without me my team wouldn't be here, or something along those lines, something had to be said and that being that LeBron has helped the Cavs to being one of the top 8 teams in the league. All saying this, it all accords to Kobe Bryant as well yet LeBron got second in the MVP race and they reached a higher seed also moving in the second round.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Kobe Bryant is not the best defender aswell. It's stupid saying that Nash didn't deserve that MVP. He was clearly in the running all year and he definitly helped the Suns make the playoffs, without him the Suns be nowhere. I am not saying Kobe didn't deserve being mention for the award but Nash was clearly in first place in the running all year.

S

scottmcgrady

Vince Carter said:
Kobe Bryant is not the best defender aswell. It's stupid saying that Nash didn't deserve that MVP. He was clearly in the running all year and he definitly helped the Suns make the playoffs, without him the Suns be nowhere. I am not saying Kobe didn't deserve being mention for the award but Nash was clearly in first place in the running all year.
I agree with you that it would be stupid for Steve Nash to not be in the top 2-3 in the MVP race yet i still dont think he deserves it as much as LeBron James.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
LeBron James had an incredeble season he almost averaged a triple double but he still has great talent to play with(even though Larry Hughes was hurt most of the season) like Drew Gooden and Ilsgauskas. Nash made Raja Bell and Boris Diaw and eddie house to good offensive players which is awesome to see.

E

Escobar

scottmcgrady said:
I was talking to my coach about the MVP race. We both agreed that Phoenix could reach this position without Nash and without LeBron James, Cleveland would never have got close to the second round, even the playoffs. When Nash said, I'm not the best but without me my team wouldn't be here, or something along those lines, something had to be said and that being that LeBron has helped the Cavs to being one of the top 8 teams in the league. All saying this, it all accords to Kobe Bryant as well yet LeBron got second in the MVP race and they reached a higher seed also moving in the second round.
I Highly doubt that Pheonix would be where they are now without Steve Nash. I'm not sure what they're record is when he's out, but it's probably not a good record. Steve Nash gets their offense going, he sets the tempo and pretty much dictates how the game goes. While I think other players deserved to be in the running, I wouldn't say Nash doesn't deserve it, because he does.

I also think you might be giving Nash too much credit, Vince. Boris Diaw is just playing way better this year, just as Barbosa did in game 7 with the Lakers. While Nash helps a lot, I wouldn't say he made them.

S

scottmcgrady

That's very true and i never said that Nash is an average player, i think Nash is amazing. I just think that LeBron made more of a difference to Cleveland than Nash made to Phoenix. Don't get me wrong, Nash has made Phoenix one amazing team but i just wasn't happy when i heard he received MVP.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I still think that the Cavaliers with the team they have this year, and you take out LeBron they could of still made the playoffs. Also I am not saying that Boris is only good because of Nash, but if you look at is last two season before being traded for Joe Johnson, he did absolutely nothing. I think Nash had a little to do with that.