Movies Steve Irwin Death Tape Destroyed

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
The copies of the Steve Irwin death tape used by police have all been destroyed.

Irwin's wife gets tape of his death - News - Yahoo! TV

The article makes it sound like the Irwin's have the original copy in their possession, but it makes it sound like they plan to destroy that video as well.

I think this is for the best. I agree that the video serves no good purpose and does not need to become the next YouTube hit.

Dragon

Registered Member
V.I.P.
I was glad to hear that they destroyed the tapes and hope that his death will not get leaked on the internet.

I can't remember where I read this but Steve Irwin's final show is going to air on January 21st. It was a show he made before his death. If I can find the link, I will post it on here.

Mr_Snipes

Registered Member
It was the show he was working on when he was killed by the stingray. I think it for the best as well that the tape is not aired.

I agree. The only purpose to airing a tape like that would be to satisfy the morbid curiosity of the masses. Irwin generously shared his life and his passion for nature with his fans, but I think his death should be private. RIP Croc Hunter. You'll be missed.

murderbyWIImote

Registered Member
that video should've never gone into circulation in the first place. steve's family didnt deserve that. neither did he.

Mirage

Administrator
Staff member
V.I.P.
It never did go into circulation. It was kept very private during the investigation of his death and then later destroyed when it was found to not be useful anymore. His family didn't want anybody to get ahold of it and post it on YouTube, etc..