Steroids

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I could put this in the baseball section because most cases of steroid use is in baseball, but I want to make it a general thread of every sports. When you hear a certain athlete failed a drug test for substance enhancement drugs and they deny ever using any type of steroids, do you usually give them the benefit of the doubt or you cant believe anyone these days?

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I could put this in the baseball section because most cases of steroid use is in baseball, but I want to make it a general thread of every sports. When you hear a certain athlete failed a drug test for substance enhancement drugs and they deny ever using any type of steroids, do you usually give them the benefit of the doubt or you cant believe anyone these days?
It's obviously very hard to give the benefit of the doubt especially with players lying to congress (which carries a penalty of potential JAIL TIME) about it. I still do, but then again, there really hasn't been a story of false accusation yet.

Major

4 legs good 2 legs bad
V.I.P.
I tend to not believe them, especially if there's a positive drug test involved. I think more players were/are on steroids than anyone wants to admit. Just because a player is one of your favorites or is a nice guy shouldn't make him anymore believable than the next guy.

Merc

Certified Shitlord
V.I.P.
I tend to not believe them, especially if there's a positive drug test involved. I think more players were/are on steroids than anyone wants to admit. Just because a player is one of your favorites or is a nice guy shouldn't make him anymore believable than the next guy.
Trust me, I know it doesn't matter if he's likeable. I love David Ortiz but until some ridiculous evidence comes forth that he didn't do anything illegal, I have to question him and I'll tell you what, it's painful when that happens.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
Unfortunately it's guilty until proven innocent in some of these cases. Everything was so wide spread and in some cases it wasnt even illegal at the time. So its tough and I hate talking about it but I tend to NOT give them the benefit of the doubt.