Steroids in wrestling

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Babe_Ruth, May 23, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I think having Steroids in Wrestling and professional sports is very different. I was wondering if it bothered you guys if wrestlers take steroids? The wrestlers that take steroids doesn't make them better in the ring and doesnt give them an advantage like it does in professional sports.

So what are your thoughts on this matter? Does it matter to you if they take steroids or now?

2. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

The only real problem I have with steroids in wrestling is the health issues it causes. Steroids can lead to other drugs and then early deaths. These guys put enough stress on their bodies.

There's no such thing as a performance enhancer in wrestling outside of outward appearance leading to a big push.

3. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

I have problems that anybody takes steroids but if everyone does it then it's fair so you really can't complain.

I'd certainly like it more if they didn't take steroids, but that's just me.

It definitely does cause health problems but at this point it's just a part of the sport and really can't be removed.

Millz likes this.
  4. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The only concern I have is "Roid Rage". As long as it's done in a professional manner and not some back alley, I'm fine with it. It's their body and if they want to do it, fine.

In any real, non scripted sports, then no. Unless they all do it... =P

5. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

It still affects their pay though, so it is unfair for wrestlers to take them because it gives them a performance edge over others. If high pay, fame, and the worshipping from fans weren't at stake, I wouldn't care about steroids.

6. padd

padd Registered Member

There's no problem with it. the reality is Steroids enhancing drugs are used by cheaters in competitive sports. profesional wrestling is.. (i hate bringing this up) all for show. Where as if Barry Bonds takes steroids more people frown on him because well.. he's just a cheater, and his 750 MLB record should just be erased because he cheated. Hulk Hogan can take even more steroids, but it won't matter, however the booker decides will be the outcome no matter how enhanced his performance goes.

7. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Padd, you're not seeing the unfairness it creates for other wrestlers. When it comes time for them to push someone, they want a wrestler (obviously) with the goods. If they told two guys to bulk up because they were two small and one of them juices up and gets the contract, how is that fair? It's cheating.

Obviously it doesn't matter to the fans, most of us (well, the smart ones anyways) know it's fake and that there's no true competition. But for young wrestlers, they're forced to juice if they want to keep up with those who are doing it. So actually, in the long run (because steroids ruin your body), the fans are losing out because the wrestlers we love will be falling apart much quicker.

8. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I somewhat agree with you Cons, but even if a wrestler takes steroids he still needs to be able to perform in the ring. Take a look at Masters for example, got suspended twice for steroids use. If wrestlers were able to take steroids and not get suspended for it, I don't see Masters battling for the World title, because he's not a great wrestler, he look butchy in the ring and he's terrible on the microphone.

So I know Masters is only one example but I just believe you still need to be a good wrestler to get the more money then the other wrestlers.

9. padd

padd Registered Member

What I dont' understand now is.. If Roids are on the banned substance list or not. Alot of people use them, not everyone gets caught? I don't think you need to be as big as Batista in order to please the crowd. look @ CM Punk, i doubt he's a roid abuser. But you're right I never thought of steroids, on the look point of view. Although don't get me wrong, I'll bring back an old peice

How does Hulk and the Macho man and Mr Mcman get found not guilty of steroid use???

Last edited: May 24, 2008
  10. Millz

Millz Black 7! Staff Member V.I.P.

Now days you will get caught if you use...back then they didn't test for them and didnt care if people used them. Some even conspire that Vince told guy to juice up (I dont believe that).