Stereotypes

Discussion in 'The Bathroom Wall' started by Vidic15, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

Discuss these stereotypes and add your ones, make this a discussion.

Tucker likes this.

2. Envy

Envy Band Nerd ♫

Here's one that I know and hate:

I do not identify with my birth gender, so I must be a confused, sex-obsessed freak that dresses as the opposite sex for show.

Most people have no idea what it means to be transgendered. Geez, even my sister didn't, and I had to explain it to her. lol.

The ironic truth is that those who are in marching band end up with more real friends, than those random "popular" kids in school that end up with all kinds of friends... Friends that aren't real and will backstab you in the end.

This is not to say that band is not without it's drama, but I've made a lot of good friends from band.

3. Impact

Impact Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

I hate how the minority of a particular group of people cause stereotypes to come about, and that so many people actually believe them. Half of the stereotypes for that list could apply to any group of people.

I'll add afew more:

I'm a Maori, so I must spend all my time drinking bear, and abusing my family.

I'm a Kiwi, so I must shag sheep

One of my friend even uses the following stereotype to describe himself:

I'm half Irish, half Maori, one half of me wants to drink, the other half doesn't want to pay for it.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  4. Vidic15

Vidic15 No Custom Title Exists V.I.P. Lifetime

If that is true, then I must have Iris to confirm, but then again that's the first time I've seen that stereotype.

There is no need to confirm, because in Australia this is true.

I am going to add two more as well.

I am INDIAN, so I MUST drive Taxis.
    I am SERBIAN, so I MUST be a Bus Driver.

It's just like that, the Taxi drivers are all Indian, while the Bus drivers are Serbians, it's a big advantage for me because I get to ride the bus free. ;)

That's a first, because the usual stereotype is "lazy, loves a Barbie and a nice cold beer"

5. Stab-o-Matic5000

Stab-o-Matic5000 Cutting Edge in Murder

Yeah, but who doesn't love some barbecue and a beer? And everyone's lazy once in a while :p

Uhh... what? Where'd that stereotype come from? I thought the stereotype is that people who smoke and drink are constantly at parties and shit and will die young in a car accident.

6. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I Live, Therefore I am.

7. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

Where ever you go, there you are.

8. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I have a huge penis.... therefore I'm a liar

9. Tucker

Tucker Lion Rampant

I am black and I am widowed. Therefore, I must be a spider.

Rebeccaaa, Oooh_snap and Bliss like this.
  10. PretzelCorps

PretzelCorps Registered Member

Actually, this wouldn't be a stereotype, since (far as I recall) smoking weed was actually a part of the Rastafarian religion....

I've yet to meet someone that actually thinks this way....

lol? :lol:

To put it bluntly? Yes, I do think young people are naive, and yes, I do think teenage mothers should have been more responsible.

:rotfl: