Stereophonics fans

Discussion in 'Music' started by storm_ina_C_cup, Jun 8, 2010.

1. storm_ina_C_cup

storm_ina_C_cup Registered Member

FORMER Stereophonics drummer turned broadcaster Stuart Cable was found dead at his home yesterday. The 40-year-old musician, who was sacked from the band in 2003, was discovered early yesterday at Aberdare in Wales. The death is not being treated as suspicious.

Sad really. I presume his death waas drug / alcohol related; he had been battling addiction for years and this is why they (Stereophonics) let him go in 2003. ​

------
    YouTube - Stereophonics - Have A Nice Day (Official Music Video)

YouTube - Stereophonics - Handbags & Gladrags

YouTube - Stereophonics - Could You Be The One? Lyrics

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010

2. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

My flatmate (who recently went to see a Phonics gig) told me about this last night. Sad story, he was only 40...

3. storm_ina_C_cup

I know.:-/

Your friend is so lucky to have seen them perform live. My husband has seen them 3x's, once with Stuart and twice with Javier. Unfortunately, as much as I <3 the group, I never got a chance to see them perform. Maybe someday!?

Have you seen them live?

4. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

5. Nixola

Nixola Boom Boom Pow!

No I've never seen them live unfortunately. It was kinda by chance that my flatmate found out they were performing in Aberdeen. Usually big bands don't come to Aberdeen, only to Glasgow or Edinburgh. He bought the tickets like a week before they went to go see them. They had an amazing time.

6. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Not a big phonics fan but I used to listen to his kerrang radio show, he also did a stint on Rock Legends, I used to love listening to that on a sunday morning.

40 is so young, I think his high energy makes this that little bit worse.

7. storm_ina_C_cup

It really is; especially when you're around my age, as 40 is less than 6 years away!:spin: <biting her nails nervously down to the skin>

What was the Kerrang Radio show like? Was it anything like Chris Evans' raidio show?

8. Bananas

Bananas Endangered Species

Yeah it had it similarities to Evans, kind of like an infectious humour you can not fail to smile at. Although Cable unlike Evans had a deep passion for music and this came through like a giggling school girl, you could tell he felt genuinely excited and privileged to play certain tracks.

9. Bliss

Bliss Sally Twit

This is so strange. All these musicians and actors keep dying. It seems like every day someone is posting a new story. Sad news.