Stephen Strasburg

Discussion in 'Baseball' started by Millz, May 9, 2009.

1. Millz

Millz LGB Staff Member V.I.P.

This kid is being called the biggest prospect of ALL TIME but we'll see. We'll also see if the Nationals pony up and pick him because Scott Boras is his agent.

Just read below...he is completely insane.

2. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Wow! That's saying a lot. I've heard of this guy before, but not detailed like this article. I am sure the Nationals will pick him up. But the kid already made a dumb mistake in hiring Boras as his agent.

Should be interesting to see how his major league career goes.

3. Millz

Dumb mistake or genius? Boras is going to make this kid a TON of money!

4. Babe_Ruth

I agree he's going to make him a lot of money, but I think in the long run it's going to hurt him. I know Boras as made his clients tons of money, but a lot teams don't want to negotiate with him because he's a douche and he asks for to much sometimes.

5. Millz

Even though you're right and I hate Scott Boras you can't mistake the fact that SOMEONE will give him the money he desires.

Sometimes it works out. The Twins didnt draft Mark Prior because of this and they ended up with Joe Mauer instead.

6. metsforever7515

metsforever7515 Registered Member

I think this kid is something special. The Nats are considering bringing him straight up, which would be a horrible idea. This kid has a HUGE future ahead of him if the Nats bring him up right.

7. Babe_Ruth

I think the Nationals will be able to sign him, but it won't till the last week of the deadline. Boras is going to pull all the stops till he gets the money he wants. Then the Nationals will say no so many times, but when that deadline fast approaches, they'll change their minds. They cannot lose this Special Kid.