Stephen Strasburg

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
This kid is being called the biggest prospect of ALL TIME but we'll see. We'll also see if the Nationals pony up and pick him because Scott Boras is his agent.

Just read below...he is completely insane.

Strasburg strikes out 17 to go to 11-0
Associated Press

SAN DIEGO -- San Diego State right-hander Stephen Strasburg, the possible No. 1 overall draft pick next month, threw a no-hitter in a 5-0 victory over Air Force on Friday night. Strasburg (11-0) struck out 17 and walked two in front of a school-record crowd of 3,337 in what was likely his final home appearance.

[FONT=verdana, arial, geneva]Stephen Strasburg, pitching in game last week, threw a no-hitter Friday night in a 5-0 win over Air Force.[/FONT] The 6-foot-5 junior from San Diego, whose fastball was clocked at 102 mph earlier this season, has struck out 11 or more in 11 of his 12 starts for San Diego State (32-19, 11-8 Mountain West Conference). It was the second no-hitter thrown against Air Force (14-32, 3-13) this season. "There's a few pitches that I got away with that they fouled back that were kind of up and in the zone," Strasburg said in an interview posted on the school's Web site. "When it came crunch time and I needed a punchout or I needed to get a groundball, I was able to do that." Strasburg is considered the favorite to be selected by the Washington Nationals, who hold the first pick in the baseball draft on June 9. Scheduled to receive the USA Baseball player of the year award Saturday, Strasburg lowered his ERA to 1.24 with 164 strikeouts in 87 1/3 innings. He retired the first nine hitters he faced Friday, seven by strikeouts, before walking Nathan Carter to start the fourth inning. The Falcons' only other baserunner came on K.J. Randhawa's leadoff walk in the sixth. Strasburg retired his final 12 batters, including striking out the side in the ninth. Mitch Blackburn drove in two runs against Casey Allen (1-3), who allowed five runs -- four earned -- in eight innings for Air Force.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow! That's saying a lot. I've heard of this guy before, but not detailed like this article. I am sure the Nationals will pick him up. But the kid already made a dumb mistake in hiring Boras as his agent.

Should be interesting to see how his major league career goes.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree he's going to make him a lot of money, but I think in the long run it's going to hurt him. I know Boras as made his clients tons of money, but a lot teams don't want to negotiate with him because he's a douche and he asks for to much sometimes.

Millz

LGB
Staff member
V.I.P.
I agree he's going to make him a lot of money, but I think in the long run it's going to hurt him. I know Boras as made his clients tons of money, but a lot teams don't want to negotiate with him because he's a douche and he asks for to much sometimes.
Even though you're right and I hate Scott Boras you can't mistake the fact that SOMEONE will give him the money he desires.

Sometimes it works out. The Twins didnt draft Mark Prior because of this and they ended up with Joe Mauer instead.

metsforever7515

Registered Member
I think this kid is something special. The Nats are considering bringing him straight up, which would be a horrible idea. This kid has a HUGE future ahead of him if the Nats bring him up right.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I think the Nationals will be able to sign him, but it won't till the last week of the deadline. Boras is going to pull all the stops till he gets the money he wants. Then the Nationals will say no so many times, but when that deadline fast approaches, they'll change their minds. They cannot lose this Special Kid.