• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stephen King..Is horror his only legasy

pretendersfan

I love King as a writer. His stories are not just Horror but adventure with twists and turns. I think there is more to him than just a horror writer

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
You are right. Some of his stories are horror based (most in fact), but, his stories are generally more than your average teen slasher style.

Can you imagine reading a book version of a cheesy teen horror movie like Final Destination? Ugghhh...

Some of his stuff is more supernatural or suspense based too. I saw the Secret Window a few years ago and that wasn't really horror at all. It was much more of a suspense story than anything to do with horror.

CaliforniaSteve

Registered Member
Id have to agree that Stephen King is an exceptional writer. His use of detail is what makes his books so engaging. Misery is the only book of his that I have read, but the amount of detail he put into the book disturbed me to the point that I had so stop reading for an hour or so. I plan on reading The Stand next.

maledoro

Strange Visitor
He's written other things besides horror under the name "Richard Bachman". Most of those stories were collected in a volume called The Bachman Books. One of them became a movie: The Running Man.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
The Running Man, starring Arnold Scwarzenegger. :D

And yeah, Richard Bachman was his alias he used because he was writing two books a year and didn't want fans to think he was spitting books out left and right without putting time and thought into them. So instead he put a ton of time and thought into TWO books a year until fans realized that the writing style was so similar and called him out. He actually released a 7th Bachman book this year called "Blaze."