• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Stephen Colbert International Space Station Wing?

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
If you thought renaming ST was fun then you'll love this idea. Stephen Colbert managed to get fans to rock the vote for the naming of a new wing on the international space station.

NASA reserves the right to name it whatever they want, but their own suggestion "Serenity" got beat out by about 60,000 votes. "Colbert" was the fan favorite with 230,539 votes out of a total of 1.1 million or so.

The other wings are currently named Unity, Harmony and Destiny. In about a month we'll know if the newest wing will be titled "Colbert" or not.

Colbert tops poll to name NASA space module - CNN.com

I think it would be pretty funny if they named it Colbert. Seriously though who does he think he is? :lol:

SuiGeneris

blue 3
This is the same comedian who tried to run for president. I think it's brilliant, he's such a parody it's great. Maybe I read too much into it, but to me I think he's like the "comedian" in Watchmen of sorts. He's such a parody of politicians and the power media has on people. Why the hell else would he have people name the space station after him?! It's pretty sad but so freaking funny.

Cait

Oh, poppycock.
i will admit that i love him, just not that much. i highly doubt it'll be named after him regardless of the votes, but this would be interesting to see.

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Dammit, i wanted Gaia to win *pouts*, i knew i should have voted more-it cam in third i think.

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
NASA has apparently decided on what name to go with. Here's an update on this story:

Colbert eagerly awaits NASA decision - CNN.com

Apparently the name will be announced tonight. Maybe on his show?
------
Well, NASA screwed Colbert. They named it "Tranquility" instead of Colbert".

He did get a small piece of immortality though. A treadmill aboard the International Space Station will be named "COLBERT".

Colbert's NASA Dreams Are Crushed... Hilariously

:lol:

Last edited:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Huh, i could have sworn 'Serenity' had the most votes though; what was the point in having a poll then?

micfranklin

Eviscerator
Colbert deserves much better than that, even though that would've been an awesome name. You think maybe The Colbert Report will make enough money so he can buy his own Star Destroyer, complete with weapons and a stickshift?;)

SuiGeneris

blue 3
The man is ridiculous. Colbert got the most votes, you know it did. Anyway, we all knew NASA would name it whatever it wanted anyway.

Malificus

Likes snow
Colbert owned the next closest choice in votes. This really was a juke on NASA's part