• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Steph runs RAW; Shane runs Smackdown; who'll be the GMs?

EdgeHead

Registered Member
As announced by Mr. McMahon at the end of RAW tonight, Shane McMahon has been appointed the Commissioner for Smackdown while Stephanie McMahon will now be the Commissioner for RAW. Plot twist: Mr. McMahon has ordered both Stephanie & Shane to appoint General Managers to run their day-to-day operations (basically, they're gonna answer to them) next week, on the eve of the WWE Draft on the first live Smackdown.

My question: who do you think will be appointed as General Manager for each show? For RAW, people are already saying it'll be Triple H but it wouldn't make sense to have Triple H answer to Stephanie so I reject that theory. I honestly have no clue who will it be. For Smackdown, I'd love for Shane to name Daniel Bryan as the Smackdown GM but with Bryan calling the Cruiserweight Classic with Mauro Ranallo, I don't think it's gonna happen.

So, basically, I got no idea who they'll be! :p

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I just hope they don't blow this good opportunity. There so many options, and they can shock the crowd which is what they really need at this point, IMO.

Let's hope both are big surprises that will catch the attention of all WWE fans.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I like this now that the GMs are involved. It's basically Steph and Shane will each be Vince to their own brands haha. I think them running the shows in some capacity was always being alluded to, and does make the rivalry between brands better. That being said, I would rather have had a couple of surprising choices but it is what it is. I'm hoping the surprises come into play for the GMs. I mentioned Edge to @Millz last night which would be awesome. Mick Foley would be a great choice too. Flair could be fun as well now that he's not managing his daughter, but I don't know if his drunken airport antics actually landed him in hot water.

I kind of like Shane going to Smackdown - that's a show that with him and the right roster could start stealing the spotlight again like in the mid 2000s.

EdgeHead

Registered Member
The airport incident was later confirmed to be Ric Flair hitting his head somewhere and stumbling because he was dizzy, which might explain the confusion and why people thought he was drunk.

But otherwise, yeah, lots of options for both Shane & Stephanie to choose from. I'm just hoping that they're gonna capitalize on the opportunity of exploiting the dynamics with Stephanie & Shane with those GM nominations.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I would be happy with this:

Ric Flair GM for Raw
Kurt Angle GM for Smackdown.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Shane makes perfect sense for SD since they are trying to add viewers there...why put Steph there? People won't watch bc of her...they MIGHT to see what Shane is doing. Shane and SD need to seem different than RAW....he mentioned something to the fact on RAW so make that happen. I wanna think its not even WWE when I watch.

As far as GMs....good idea. Shane and Steph at the top and people answering to them, it makes sense. IT also makes sense for Steph to pick a heel and Shane a face. I think Bryan or Angle or Foley would be amazing. On RAW...huh...I dunno actually. Bring back Bischoff :)

EdgeHead

Registered Member
I'd be very happy to see Eric Bischoff back on RAW. He's been gone long enough so that his interactions with the roster will feel fresh. He'd be more than welcome.

Also heard a crazy rumor mentioning Chael Sonnen as a possibility. Chael is a big wrestling fan and if you've already heard him on the mic, he can talk a pretty good game. So I'm curious to see who it will be Monday!

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I hadn't thought of Bischoff. That would always be fun, he's a great on-air personality and is more interesting than many past GMs like Teddy Long or Vickie Guerrero. The Bryan rumors kept heating up for SmackDown, and I think if they did that and had Shane on top for a double face ownership sort of angle it would be phenomenal and a lot of fun. Focus on wrestling, draft some great young talent, and bada boom....realest brand in the room.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
Here are the draft rules from WWE.com...I figured this would be the best place to post them for now:

The rules for the WWE Draft are as follows:

• Raw has the first overall pick
  • Since SmackDown Live is a two-hour show and Raw is three hours, for every two picks SmackDown Live receives, Raw will receive three picks
  • Tag teams count as one pick unless a Commissioner/General Manager specifically only wants one member of the team
  • Six draft picks will be made off the NXT roster