Stem cells can be trained to kill HIV

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Merc, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

Read the whole story here:

Stem cells can be engineered to kill HIV, scientists show

That's fucking awesome, score another one for stem cells.

2. micfranklin

micfranklin Eviscerator

If this is true then why the fuck is everyone still bitching about this?

3. CaptainObvious

CaptainObvious Son of Liberty V.I.P.

I think this is great. Doing more and more stem cell research seems like a no brainer to me.

4. icegoat63

icegoat63 Son of Liberty V.I.P. Lifetime

I agree, I've voted Yes on every Pro-Stem Cell bill thats come my way. I'm very Pro-stem cell research. Much like you said, its a no-brainer to further push our knowledge of what they can do, even if it means "playing god".

5. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

It seems like Stem Cells really are the answer for so many of our problems. i remember when this was a huge controversial issue like a decade ago. Hopefully this will provide more funding for the research, this is awesome to read.

6. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

That's because a lot of misinformed politicians like a certain guy with a name that sounds like Beorge Gush thought that allowing stem cell researching was going to lead to baby farms where fetuses were harvested for their cells.

7. Wade8813

Wade8813 Registered Member

Are these embryonic stem cells? Or adult ones? And if they are embryonic - could we have done the same thing with adult stem cells?

From what I've heard (albeit a while ago) basically all breakthroughs we've had were with adult stem cells.