Stem Cell Contacts Cure Blindness

Discussion in 'Science & History' started by Kazmarov, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Kazmarov

Kazmarov For a Free Scotland

Gizmodo - Stem Cell Contact Lenses Cure Blindness in Less Than a Month - Stem Cells

Results, my friends, results! This cheap method means that typical causes of blindness may no longer affect anyone, even in poor, developing countries.

2. pro2A

pro2A Hell, It's about time!

This is one of the few things I actually stand with the Democrats on.

Stem cell research and a breakthrough like this could cure so much. This is just eye repair, but I've heard if they unleash it's full potential the human life expectancy would grow into the 100's. The reason being, failing organs could be replaced or repaired... a few days at home recovering and you are back to yourself again.

This is truly amazing though.

3. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

Oh wow! Now that's marvelous news! And it's good to know that it's been almost two years and the correction remains stable. I'm looking forward to reading what else can stem cell research and results provide.

4. Merc

Merc Certified Shitlord V.I.P. Lifetime

YouTube - family guy stem cell

First thing I thought of after reading this. Amazing story, hopefully soon people like me with poor vision will get a chance to heighten our vision.

5. m4sterX

m4sterX New Member

"Omg why are you killing fetuses." I'm tired of people saying that. There are more ways to get stem cells such as from your umbilical cord and bone marrow.

6. Xeilo

Xeilo Registered Member V.I.P. Lifetime

That is amazing news and another great step with the research, I support it 100% because of reasons like this.

7. wooly

wooly I am the woolrus

I really can't understand how people could possibly oppose stem cell research, with fantastic stories like this.

Between stem cell research and nanotechnology, i can pretty much do whatever i want to my body while i'm young without any future repercussions! :p

8. Trizzle

Trizzle Registered Member

Wow, When I started to read this I thought it was about plant stems lol. I had no idea this could be done and it's one of those mirical things in my eyes I think.