Stealing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Babe_Ruth, Nov 25, 2008.

1. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

Have you guys ever stolen something? I don't mean a pen, or something small like that, I mean something that you regret doing? If yes, then you don't have to tell us what you did steal if you don't want to.

Second part of the question is this, if you guys had a family, and you were poor, and your family needed to eat, would you steal to feed your family? Or you would look at a different opinion.

If you choose different option, please list what route would you take.

2. ysabel

ysabel /ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5

First question: I stole a bag of salt when I was a kid, thinking I could resell it so I can have some money to buy snacks. :shifteyes: Anyway, I returned it after finding out it's not exactly the hottest item in the market.

Second question: I wouldn't steal, at least not as a first resort. I could think of other things I'd consider first before stealing. I'd borrow money or do shitty work for money, or even beg, etc.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  3. Rebeccaaa

Rebeccaaa yellow 4!

First part - Yes I have stolen something before that I regret. It was years and years ago, and nothing of much importance, but I felt really guilty afterwards. My friends use to steal quite a lot and I could easily have stopped them, but I didn't, and that makes me feel bad too... It was just like make-up and stuff.

Second part - I'd only use stealing as a very last resort, and I probably wouldn't go out with the intention to do it, but if the opportunity arose then maybe. I would try other things first like begging/working a crappy job etc.

4. English-Emo-Boy

English-Emo-Boy Supreme System Lord V.I.P. Lifetime

I stole money from my parents when I was younger, I regret doing it because it was really petty.

I would steal for my family. I couldn't bear to see them go without food.

Nightsurfer likes this.
  5. DinoFlintstone

DinoFlintstone "There can be only one!"

Yes.

Once upon a time, I might have done that, but now I am older and hopfully wiser, I would not steal something even if it was to put food in our mouths.

If you choose different option, please list what route would you take.[/quote]
    In this day and age, you might be as humiliated as you can get, and you really would have to hit the bottom of rock bottom, but their are places you can get help, even if it's just for a quick fix.

If it turned-out you were 'say...' out in the Mountains, you were had no way of getting anywhere and surviving, and you had loved ones with you, and you came across a house with no-one in it, then as a matter of survival, I'd say it would be okay to break-in and take food etc, but I wouldn't class it as stealing, but if I was done for theft, I would accept what I did was wrong, but I had to do it.

6. MissyGris

MissyGris Registered Member

I have never stolen anything, but if it was for my family I wouldn't have a problem going out and stealing right now.

7. Nightsurfer

Nightsurfer ~Lucky 13 strikes again~

Back when I was a kid I was a master at the five finger discount.

If I had not other choice than to steal to feed my family I would do it, but it would only be a last resort after all other avenues had failed. I would look into day labor first and selling plasma as well as selling sperm (you can make up to almost $1,500 a month or more selling off your illegitimate knuckle children).

It wouldn't mater to me what I had to do to feed my family as long as they had food and a safe place to stay.

8. AnitaKnapp

AnitaKnapp It's not me, it's you. V.I.P. Lifetime

I have never stolen anything before, but I would if I had to in order to feed my family. I would try all other avenues first, like others mentioned, borrowing money, 2nd job, etc.

9. fragile

fragile Registered Member

Yeah, I've stolen some stuff :-/ Nothing big really, but I still regret it.

I would probably have been able to steal to feed my family, but it would have been my last resort too. There's a lot of other ways of trying to solve this like other mentioned.

10. Babe_Ruth

Babe_Ruth Sultan of Swat Staff Member V.I.P.

I've stolen before, till this day I regret it.

Like everyone else, the only way I would steal to feed my family is if that was the last ressort. I would do almost anything else to get money, even if it's working at a place that is not even minimum wage. But I would never let my family starv to death.

Nightsurfer likes this.