• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Steak and Shake

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Has anyone heard of Steak and Shake, the burger restaurant that's been around since 1934?

I've been there two to three times and let me tell you, the food is delicious, especially the shakes!:D

They have quirky shake flavors such as: vanochocolate, strawnilla, banocolate, and strawnana.:lol:

They also have the shakes with candy and cookies.:)

Check out the menu at steakandshake.com. It is awesome!:D

AnitaKnapp

It's not me, it's you.
V.I.P.
They do have pretty good shakes, but that is not really why I used to go there. When I was living near Frisco, it was my favorite greasy breakfast hangover cure. Their breakfast is good. They had these potato things that I loved.

WickedRex

Registered Member
I've been there a few times over the years, but I don't think it's spectacular. I've been there recently over the past couple months, with a church group, only because the elders of the church like to have breakfast there. They are definitely more known for their shakes and "string" fries, though.

Merc

Problematic Shitlord
V.I.P.
I'd love to try it but as far as I know, there are none in my area yet. I'm personally wanting an In-and-Out (In-n-out?) but that won't happen for a while if ever since they only use meat from their own facilities.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
We don't have steak n shake over here, but I ate it for the first time in the US last year. I loved it, was definitely one of my favourites of the new fast food places I tried.

Can't even remember what I ordered now though :shifteyes: And I didn't try their shakes.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
Steak n' Shake is one of God's greatest gifts to Man Kind.

When I was a kid my Grandpa would always take us to Taco Bell but then he started taking us to Steak n' Shake and I've been hooked ever since. I always get the double steakburger with pickles, cheese, lettuce and onion with cheese fries...sometimes the chili....which I also buy from the grocery store.

I love their shakes as well.

Pretty much just an awesome place.

penny4URthoughts

Registered Member
Well, Millz, from where I live, Steak N' Shake always has long lines, inside and at the drive-thru, no matter what time of day it is.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I love steak 'n shake....best chicken strips in the world, and I love their spicy chicken sandwich. Their fries are unique and some of the best out there (great with cheese). I'm a huge fan of their shakes myself...my most recent favorite is the red velvet cake.

I'm surprised, but I've never tried their breakfast.