StarWars: The Force Unleashed

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
I recently picked up this game at an EB store pre owned, and have beaten it ever since, and it's definitely one of the better starwars games I've ever played, next to KOTOR and Battlegrounds.

The story is awesome, and the button sequence kill combos at the end of the boss fights are epic as hell to watch.

Gotta love Vader though, it was fun playing him even if it was for one level..but it was really his apprentice that won me over, good god is he a friggin legend or what?

Here's a question, do you guys honestly believe that Starkiller could go toe to toe with Luke Skywalker?

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
I'm in the middle of playing this, it's part of my Recompletion Conquest. I've completed it before, of course, but quite a long time ago. This time I'm playing through it on the hardest difficulty. It's...punishing, in places. The bosses slay you, but it is such an epic game. I'm playing through this trying to get all of the Holocrons, but I stopped playing it for a while (a month or two now) since one of the Holocrons kinda glitched or something. I picked it up, and it didn't get registered or something, so technically I have it, but I don't at the same time or something.

So that kinda put me off playing it for a while. I'll pick it up again after I beat BioShock, though.

Last edited:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I came uber-close to getting this exact game this weekend. But I swear I had read somewhere that it sucked.

The game itself was only 14 bucks used, so I may venture back sometime and get it since you've built my interest back up.

I have looked at this the last few times I've been roaming around Game Stop. I have yet to walk out with it. I'll just wait and see if it gets the ICE stamp of approval. Haha.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Ice, this is one of my favourite Star Wars games ever, and what's more is that it's (supposedly) canon and provides a great link between the first and second trilogies.

It's all round a seriously kick ass game. You have awesomely diverse control over the Force, and you're powerful too. Without giving anything away, Starkiller's (the character) grasp of the Force is possibly one of the most powerful seen in the series, and you get to control it. :hyper:

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
Currently Battlefront is without a doubt my all time favorite Star Wars set. I think the reason that was so great to me was because it didnt attempt to be to much of a movie adaption, sure it had components that complimented the movies, but it wasnt the main idea. If this one is anything like that in the sense of being its own thing in the Star Wars world... then yeah it does sound like it could be a pretty darn good game. I was mostly concerned with the story, I've played way to many crappy star wars games in the past that anymore you gotta be real careful :hah:

Since its less than 20 bucks for a used copy I may pick it up next time I'm by a Gamestop and have 20 bucks to blow.

hows the PSP version? anyone know?

Last edited:

R1pperZ

Registered Member
Definitely a quality game even if your not an uber starwars fan, fun and fast paced all the way to the end. Only complaint it got from reviewers is that it is a little short but with the DLC I think it's long enough.

Chaos

Epic Gamer
V.I.P.
Currently Battlefront is without a doubt my all time favorite Star Wars set. I think the reason that was so great to me was because it didnt attempt to be to much of a movie adaption, sure it had components that complimented the movies, but it wasnt the main idea. If this one is anything like that in the sense of being its own thing in the Star Wars world... then yeah it does sound like it could be a pretty darn good game. I was mostly concerned with the story, I've played way to many crappy star wars games in the past that anymore you gotta be real careful :hah:
It actually runs it's own storyline. It's post-Jedi slaughter in the Vader era - he is in fact your master. The basis is that you're his secret apprentice, since any fan who's worth his salt will know that the Sith can only ever have one Master and one Apprentice; Vader breaks the rules and takes on his own apprentice - Starkiller, the main character.

The time period is set just before the Rebellion's birth - Leia herself is in it. Not Luke, though.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic was my favorite. I never did get to sit down and actually play the sequel though.
Yeah, I loved KOTOR. I still have it for the XBOX. I've never even seen number two though.

Shooting_Palanx

The Rock is cooking atm..
KOTOR was definitely a league on it's own, I spent a good 32 hours trying to beat the game, it is a very long game, if you do the side quests as well lol....

As for Force Unleashed, the untold story of Vaders apprentice is what really won me over...and hell who the fuck isn't impressed with an apprentice who can bring down a starship....that is just too friggin impressive...

Is it me or does being a sith just involve betraying one another at the end, why are there any rules for being a sith? lol.