Start up problems

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I own a 2003 Ford Mustang GT w/ a V8 4.6 Liter engine

The problem I have is on really hot days (more so then cooler days) when I start it up it'll barely get started then it will stall. I start it up again, give it some gas and then its fine. It runs smooth, the gears switch nice and the previous owner took really good care of it. I thought it was a starter problem, but i ruled that out because it does start once I give it a little gas, and it only happens 10% of the time (really hot days). Otherwise it starts up just fine. Ideas on what it is?

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
I'm begining to think its the fuel pump. It all went to hell today when I tried to start it. It'll barely get started then it stalled, it wasn't even hot yet. Now it wont even start after I give it gas. I think it has a bad fuel pump in it. Thanks

CamelPepper

Registered Member
I know what the problem is. Hell, they put a blue oval around it and stuck it on the trunk lid. :D

Sounds like a fuel pump/filter to me.

pro2A

Hell, It's about time!
There was carbon buildup in the air intake valve. It was getting stuck open. They cleaned it out and it runs like a charm now :yes:

Pugz

Ms. Malone
V.I.P.
Dudes, none of you were even close XD

Good to know it's running. I hope they checked the valve when they cleaned it out, the piston coulda damaged it.