Movies Starship Troopers 1-3

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Greetings movie goers.

Today we are going to be talking about Starship Troopers 1-3.

Here is a refresher Video.

Starship Troopers 1

YouTube - Starship Troopers - Movie Trailer - 1997

Starship Troopers 2

YouTube - Starship troopers 2 trailer

Starship Troopers 3

YouTube - Starship Troopers 3: Marauder Trailer

So what was your favorite?

So far I like 1 & # the best. The book was far better but these two are the best so far. I didn't care all that much for ST2, it just was a bit drawn out and just didn't hold my interest as much as ST1 and ST2 did.

Then there the Rough Neck chronicles (animated) those aren't bad but look to much like the failed cartoon Max Steel. So I didn't get into those all that much, But they did follow the book closer.

Hell there is even a role playing game as well as a board game about this movie.

I was glad to see that they stuck to the original formula on the third installment of Starship Troopers. There tons of cool things I can say about Starship Troopers but I want to hear what you the fans have to say.

Last edited:

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I loved the first one when I was yonger, I even had a little toy armour bug which you could stick magnetic soldiers too. I thought the second one was weak and I havn't seen the third. Is it closer to the first one in terms of style? What I didn't like about the second one was that it seemed to rely too heavily on the whole "possesion" aspect.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
Sorry, but I have to say that the first two are extremely bad in my opinion. I haven't seen the third one, because the first two were god awful. I still have no idea why I watched the second one, because the first one wasnt any good.

I actually really like the first movie. I was one of the first R rated movies I saw, so it holds a special place in my heart. While it was cheesy in some parts, it was still a really enjoyable movie with some really great action sequences. I was so fond of the movie that I actually watched the cartoon every day in the morning before I went to school.

I've yet to see either of the sequels, but I have wanted to just for a sense of completion.

ysabel

/ˈɪzəˌbɛl/ pink 5
I only saw the first one. I liked it except sometimes I had a hard time watching the violent scenes. Were the two others similar (in terms of violent graphics)?

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Yes, They both are as graphically violent as the first one, but ST2 went off in a Brain Bug tangent, while the 3rd has returned to it's roots and has even picked up a few things from the book that was left out of the first one.

ST3 is worth watching. It is not as lame as ST2. Check out the spoiler videos I posted to see clips from ST3.

Last edited:
Even though I only saw part one, and that, by default, was my favorite I felt they rushed through it so fast that it took a lot out of the movie.