Stars acquire Nagy

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
DALLAS (AP) -Phoenix Coyotes leading scorer Ladislav Nagy was traded Monday to the Dallas Stars for left wing Mathias Tjarnqvist and a first-round draft pick in June.Nagy had 41 points (eight goals, 33 assists) in 55 games for Phoenix.The 27-year-old Nagy is in seventh NHL season, having played in Phoenix since being traded there from the St. Louis Blues on March 13, 2001. Nagy was a seventh-round pick by the Blues in 1997 and made his NHL debut in 1999. In 372 career games, he has 102 goals and 169 assists."Ladislav brings speed and skill to our hockey club and has proven to be a top-six NHL forward over his career," Stars general manager Doug Armstrong said.Tjarnqvist had one goal and three assists in 18 games this season for the Stars.

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?articleid=288917&page=NewsPage&service=page

This has to be one of the dumbest moves I have seen in a long time. The leading scorer of the Coyotes is gone for basically nothing. Dallas won't likely have a pick before atleast 18 or somewhere around there and maybe even lower and the player is a no name and probably won't make much of a difference. Just when it looks like Phoenix is making some room to improve their team they go and do something like this. I bet that they will throw away the pick in the summer and they will regreat trading Nagy.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I wouldn't say the trade was for nothing, because they can still get a good player with the draft pick. But trading away Nagy means that the Coyotes believe that they won't be making the playoffs. Does this mean that Doan will be next? I don't think so because Gretzky loves him, and I don't think he wants him to go.

Dallas improve there team big time, because they needed a scorer and they got one with Nagy, he's probably going to play with Modano which means that he's going to play even better.

andrew_bishop

#1 Spammer of FC
There is the chance that they will make a smart pick but over the last few years they have really gone off the board and it has not helped them much. If they get rid of Doan then they are just plain stupid. Nagy and Doan had the making to be a good 1-2 punch one day in the NHL if they were given a little time but that was not the case.

Dallas for sure helped their team. It was a good move and to be fair they really did not give up all that much so its a win win situation for the Stars. Good move and props to them for it. I don't think they are done just yet however.