PC Games StarCraft II

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by viLky, Aug 11, 2008.

1. viLky

viLky ykLiv

After playing StarCraft for so many years, I didn't expect much when they announced part 2. I thought it would be like releasing Terminator 3 after the awesomeness that was T2. I. Was. Wrong. Just look at these killer screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Holy. Bajeepers! That shit (pardon me) is HOT! I didn't think I would get dragged back to StarCraft again, but after viewing these babies, I don't see how I can't.

As you can see in the screenshots, it looks like they're pretty much keeping with the old formula and adding nothing TOO extreme. This is a very good idea by Blizzard. Wow, did I just say that? Ugh, after the StarCraft: Ghost fiasco I gave them 0 credibility. Enough about my personal hangs up, take a look at THIS screenshot:

[​IMG]

I can't be posting screenshots all day, so, to see more screenshots just go here: StarCraft II - Google Image Search - If you happen to see any epic screenshots, please feel free to post them.

Release Date: TBA

This will be the game that ANYBODY and EVERYBODY who is a fan of RTS (Real Time Strategy) will upgrade their computers for, spend hours apond hours on and begin a new StarCraft era for the NEW generation.

Toss for the win. goGOoGogoO~~;

Oh yeah, I better see somebody here starting up a General Forum clan or whatnot. There MUST be one since I KNOW it'll be the leetest evar!

2. SuiGeneris

SuiGeneris blue 3

SC2 so excited!!! I can't wait. Terran FTW!!!!

Toss...too

Shit....Zerg too

I can't decide!

3. viLky

viLky ykLiv

The "TBA" date worries me. Will this be like StarCraft: Ghost, or are they going to release it within the next 2 years? Blizzard better not screw this up, too. :(

The Terran and Protoss look so much better. Zerg still look the same to me. :lol:

4. dDave

dDave Guardian of the Light V.I.P.

The game was announced a few years ago so it should be coming out soon, Blizzard knows better than just to make people wait forever.

I never played the first starcraft, not once, I have the game and the expansion pack because Van and Tim bought it, but I have not played it once yet i really should though.

5. scitsofreaky

scitsofreaky Registered Member

There is no way SC2 would be canceled, there is too big of a fan base. The reason SC:G failed was because it was so different from what they have done. Can you name the last console game Blizzard did?
    Blizzard always does "TBA" because they release the game when they are satisfied.

You really should play it, but patch it first. The newest patch lets you play it without the disc (after c&p a file or two).

BTW, those screen shots are really old. The art has changed some, for the better. Here are all the screen shots that I have seen. I can't wait to use the new and imporved ultralisk! I hope they have the Omegalisk either in the campaign or the editor:[​IMG]

6. viLky

viLky ykLiv

I'm really disappointed in this:

Boo! I could've seen adding another 2 playable races would've been good.

7. dDave

I want to get into it once I'm done with a lot of other games, my computer can easily support it.

Do you know where I can find the No CD patch?

8. scitsofreaky

scitsofreaky Registered Member

To update it, just log onto battle.net under multiplayer. It will automatically update to the newest patch, then check the patch notes for directions on how to disc-less. FYI, Warcraft 3 is also disc-less after the newest patch, it does it automatically.

What two races? I am guessing that the Xel'Naga will make an appearance in the single player campaign. Honestly, I would not like to see a new race, or two, just because it would take so much longer for them to develope. I don't want to see a repeat of wc3, that took forever to come out.

9. dDave

Yeah I have the no CD patch for watercraft 3 I like it a lot cause the discs can't be copied and it's easily damaged.

Sounds easy enough to get the patch.

10. orbitalcows

orbitalcows Registered Member

The problem is making 5 playable races that are each fundamentally different. What would be the point in having 5 races if 3 of them were all pretty much the same?