• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Discuss Starbucks

Bliss

Sally Twit
I know lots of GF'ers love Starbucks as much as me, so I thought we could talk about our favourite beverages.

Personally, I love their Gingerbread Latte and I always make sure to have at least 1 (hey, it's Christmas and I don't have a lot of spare cash that time of year) a year.
For the rest of the year I settle for their Mocha Frappucino. It's an ice blended drink and it's glorious.

Bubbles

I ♥ Haters
I LOVE their mocha frappuccinos. I used to have one every day up until 3 months ago. I started cutting back on them recently because they're loaded with sugar and fat. But yeah, I totally agree that it's one of the best items on their menu. (Blenz's Belgian Iced Chocolate might give them a run for their money thoough.)

My favorite seasonal beverage is their Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate. It's absolutely delicious with one of their Marshmallow Dream bars.

Babe_Ruth

Sultan of Swat
Staff member
V.I.P.
I only like their Hot Chocolates, I love how they put whip cream on top and chocolate sauce.

I'm not a big coffee person, so I don't enjoy any of their specialty drinks that you guys enjoy. Also, I think Starbucks is pretty damn expensive.

Rebeccaaa

yellow 4!
If anyone I was with ever wanted to go in starbucks I would always just get a juice or hot chocolate. I'm not a coffee person.

But there is a starbucks in the hotel I like to sit and read in, so I thought I'd actually try their coffee since I realized coffee doesn't taste gross like it used to when I was younger. The only thing I've had so far is skinny vanilla latte and I like it quite a lot so that's what I'm sticking with. Except I had an iced one once and discovered I do not like iced coffee.

Millz

Better Call Saul
Staff member
V.I.P.
It would be pointless for me to drink at a Starbucks because I only really like regular coffee, black, and with nothing added to it. I hate iced coffees or those weird coffees with flavoring in them.

So there's no need for me to pay 4 to 5 bucks for a black coffee haha...I'll just hit up McDonalds instead.

CaptainObvious

Embrace the Suck
V.I.P.
It would be pointless for me to drink at a Starbucks because I only really like regular coffee, black, and with nothing added to it. I hate iced coffees or those weird coffees with flavoring in them.

So there's no need for me to pay 4 to 5 bucks for a black coffee haha...I'll just hit up McDonalds instead.
This describes me exactly except I do add just a little bit of cream. I don't like any iced coffee or anything other than regular coffee so I rarely go to Starbucks. It's good, I like it, I will occassionally buy one, but since it's a little pricey I go somewhere else like McDonalds.

Hiei

The Hierophant
I like the Starbucks drinks that I don't have to pay for, the most. One of the stores I used to work at had a Starbucks in it, and I would flirt with the girls almost every day, so I never had to pay for my drinks. In fact, most of the time I wouldn't even order a drink. I'd just tell them to make me something delicious, so I've had all kinds of weird coffees. If I had to pick a favorite, it would have to be something with lots of peppermint in it. They always thought it was weird when I would request it, but I absolutely LOVE peppermint flavored coffee. Never realized that until they made me one. Eventually, I got to the point where I couldn't handle all the cappuccino that they would put in it, and switched to their teas. I don't even know if they have it on their menu, but I like their version of an Arnold Palmer, which is half lemonade, half black tea. It's really good.

Unity

Living in Ikoria
Staff member
I'm a big fan of Starbucks, and that has grown recently. A friend of mine at work like to go out on breaks together and we've started hitting Starbucks at least once a week nearby. My favorite has always been the Chai Latte. As far as seasonal, I've tried the Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was ok but nothing too special. The Salted Caramel Mocha is amazing, it will change your life haha. I'm just a big fan of the salty/sweet combo.

Smelnick

Creeping On You
V.I.P.
I hate starbucks. I think the coffee is overpriced and tastes bitter. I've never liked a single starbucks coffee that I've ever bought lol. That being said, I rarely buy coffee anyways. I just drink the free swill at work, and load it with sugar.

sunrise

aka ginger warlock
V.I.P.
The first time I went to a Starbucks was when I moved. We didn't have a Starbucks where I lived. A lot of people in the UK disliked Starbucks because they feel the over saturation of them is ruining the market for smaller coffee shops run independently, I get this, I understand where people are coming from but here in the UK we also have two others, Cafe Nero and Costa, both are doing the same as SBs, if anything they are worse, but because they are seen as british they are somehow let off the hook.

This angers me, as I have spoken of before if people do not wish to visit them they do not need to, if people wish to help smaller businesses do but people shouldn't get on their high horses to try and fit some mold of fighting the system.