• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Starbucks is Biggie Sizing

icegoat63

Son of Liberty
V.I.P.
I sometimes wonder if these kinds of moves are ever good. Obviously the consumer buys them up... but who really wins here in the long run? Because what will happen is people are going to purchase these Biggie Sized drinks, blame Starbucks for making them fat by packing in their Daily Caloric intake all in one 31 ounce Latte for the low low price starting at $3.30 for a house coffee.

PHOENIX

For some, 24 ounces of coffee just isn't cutting it.

Starbucks Corp. hopes to satisfy their hankering for more with a new 31-ounce drink dubbed the Trenta, Italian for 30.

The nearly quart-sized drink is available only for iced coffee and iced teas, none of those fancy lattes or mochas. It's currently being tested out only in Phoenix and Tampa, Fla., chosen because of their warm climates.

An iced Trenta coffee costs $3.30, and an iced Trenta tea goes for $2.60.

Starbucks spokeswoman Sanja Gould says one of the unsweetened Trentas has less than five calories. "But even a sweetened iced coffee or tea in a Trenta cup would be less than 200 calories," she says.

Iced drinks of similar size already are available at the Seattle-based coffeemaker's competitors Dunkin' Donuts and McDonald's.

Iced Trenta coffee? Starbucks tries bigger drinks - BusinessWeek
What do you think? Good or Bad move?

ExpectantlyIronic

e̳̳̺͕ͬ̓̑̂ͮͦͣ͒͒h̙ͦ̔͂?̅̂ ̾͗̑
I don't understand Starbucks. I can get a much cheaper and better cup of coffee at McDonalds, which isn't even to mention local joints. Starbucks has simply horrible coffee. Straight up horrible. But I guess Starbucks doesn't cater to straight coffee drinkers so much as people who want low-fat iced cinnamon mochachinos or whatever. But I have to imagine you can get better and cheaper versions of even that stuff at other places. The only thing I can see that the place has going for it is location: it happens to be everywhere. But how did it get everywhere in the first place?

In any case... I do like massive-sized coffees, but I think I'll go to the gas station for them. Speedway has better coffee.

Edit: I don't like Starbucks coffee.

Last edited:

Nixola

Boom Boom Pow!
Hm, I'm not convinced this is a good idea either. McDonald's going supersize comes to mind.

People will buy them and just go crazy over them and keep drinking an unhealthy amount.

SpicyMeatball

Registered Member
I don't understand Starbucks. I can get a much cheaper and better cup of coffee at McDonalds, which isn't even to mention local joints. Starbucks has simply horrible coffee. Straight up horrible. But I guess Starbucks doesn't cater to straight coffee drinkers so much as people who want low-fat iced cinnamon mochachinos or whatever. But I have to imagine you can get better and cheaper versions of even that stuff at other places. The only thing I can see that the place has going for it is location: it happens to be everywhere. But how did it get everywhere in the first place?

In any case... I do like massive-sized coffees, but I think I'll go to the gas station for them. Speedway has better coffee.

Edit: I don't like Starbucks coffee.
Ehhhhh.... I dont like McDonalds coffee at all. Watery and I can make better stuff from my own home. Now Starbucks.... I LOOOOVE!!! :lick2: It is rich! Meaty! It has balls! Substance! Thing is I only buy the coffee... not those fancy drinks they have.

dDave

V.I.P.
I don't understand why anybody could possibly need 30 ounces of coffee :shocked:, that's just ridiculous.

They need to work on renaming all of their stuff anyway. I have a friend who ordered a medium and they were offering him some sort of grande but he wouldn't accept it :lol: