• Welcome to the PopMalt Forums! Whether you're new to forums or a veteran, welcome to our humble home on the web! We're a 20-year old forum community with thousands of discussions on entertainment, lifestyle, leisure, and more.

Our rules are simple. Be nice and don't spam. Registration is free, so what are you waiting for? Join today!.

Movies Star Wars to be a tv show!

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
George Lucas has announced something that we have all been wanting! It turns out Star Wars is to become a tv show! I hope all you Star Wars fans are as stoked about this as I am. I am a huge fan of the movies. I wanted them to make more of the movies ,7,8 and 9; but this could be even better! I hope this show will be amazing, but I can see how it could also be terrible.

Main difference between this show and the movies is going to be that the main characters that we all know, Luke, Han, Leia,...are not to really be in the show. It will focus on more the other characters. Maybe some of the new Jedi from the books?! I'm not sure of the time period that this show will be taking place in, but I don't really care.

Check it out!

Lucas confirms ''Star Wars'' TV series | Star Wars | NEWS ROUNDUP | News + Notes | Entertainment Weekly

Mirage

Secret Agent
Staff member
V.I.P.
Wow this is pretty exciting news. It would probably be hour long episodes and could possibly be better than any of the newer movies. I hope it's done in a continuous style, as opposed to more of a individual storyline per episode style.

I think it could be pretty successful. It's also about time. I'm glad he waited though because now at least the computer technology is up to par to do something like this. Some of the special effects in TV shows these days are right up there with even the biggest Hollywood productions.

This could be a very nice thing for the Star Wars crowd. It might even be better than more movies since a well written TV series could easily cover 10 times the plot that a movie could.

I wonder if this will be ready by the 2008 fall lineup? I also wonder which network will pick it up. I'd love to see some of the numbers being tossed around right now. My guess is one of the bigger networks will want it. Otherwise there is always the Sci-fi channel. I think Star Wars is much too mainstream for that though.

Van

Heavy Weapons Guy
V.I.P.
Ya, it would be really annoying if it were separate stories for each episode. I don't think Lucas will do it that way though. I can't wait!

dDave

V.I.P.
It would probably be something like, 24 where you have to watch the next one

Gwiz

Registered Member
I can see Star Wars being a tv show and I would watch it on a regular basis. Lucas will also be making his money. I wonder what channel will it be on, maybe the Sci-Fi channel.

RarePD

Registered Member
You think it's going to be as awesome as the live-action Mortal Kombat TV show? Mortal Kombat: Conquest. Haha, just kiddin' that show sucked.

This is pretty interesting, I hope they don't ruin it.

Doc

Trust me, I'm The Doctor.
V.I.P.
Just like everyone else, I don't want to see the saga ruined any more than it already has. The new movies were good for story, but had some acting problems.

We know this is going to be huge, of course, but the real question is whether or not it can stay loyal to us.

Altanzitarron

Tamer Of The LOLzilla
I'm sceptical, I always thought the concepts of the star wars movies were better than the films themselves. As a universe I think its interesting but the last 3 films had little to offer me. I doubt a tv series can make me into a bigger fan.

Nightsurfer

~Lucky 13 strikes again~
Hi ya.

I would have to agree that I a bit skeptical my self too. This has the potential to be real good or really really suck.

I think he should have left it at the first 3 movies..I didn't like the newer 1, 2and 3 add ins or the re-editing of the classic 3.
The filming styles didn't match and it just took some of the magic and things away from the original Star Wars that I grew up with.

I like the old stuff and would rather see it left alone. But that's me.

But like all the rest of you Boobtube viewers I will be watching and waiting to see it when it comes on.

MacNCheese

I hope it doesn't suck.

As it would ruin the series..I honestly thought they would of just left Star Wars alone by now, but I guess not.